Twenty-Four

Charlee sighed as she woke in bed. There were texts from Warren and from Kenzie. Warren's were threatening where as Kenzie's were her saying she was going to get Warren away from the village.

The door opener and Sami walked in. He smiled. "Did you sleep okay?" He asked as he looked to her.

Charlee sighed as she looked to him. "I don't know. I feel like everything is just a mess. I miss my sister. I miss how everything used to be. I miss just being able to walk through the village without Warren Fox and his threats," she said.

Sami smiled. "It will be over soon enough. I promise. Warren will soon be out of our lives," he told her.

"Yeah. But that's my sister putting herself in danger for us. If Warren finds out we know what she's doing, he will kill her. And then he'll kill us for hiding this from him," Charlee said.

Sami took her hand and smiled. "He won't. I promise."

***
Charlee was sitting by the city wall. Warren walked over to her and smirked. "So. I've got Kenzie. She's in the flat. And she ain't leaving," he said.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean the game you two tried to play didn't work. I found her just like that. She knows that Sami killed Mac. I'm talking her round," Warren said.

Charlee shook her head. She took out her phone and sighed. She dialled Kenzie's number. Only to pale when she realised Warren had it.

Warren smirked. "Told you."

"If you hurt her, I will kill you with my bare hands. That's not a threat. That's a promise," Charlee said.

"Feisty. She was like that too. But she soon stopped fighting when I showed her a little video," Warren told her.

Charlee raised her eyebrows. She sighed. "That's you all over isn't it? You just hurt people to get what you want. You don't think of the others."

Warren winked and walked off. Charlee wanted him to vanish. But she had no idea how to even make it happen.

***
Charlee walked to Warren's flat. She sighed as she banged on the door. Warren opened it. "How did I know it would be you?" He said.

"I want to see my sister."

"Fine."

Warren moved out the way and let her in. Kenzie was there. Charlee sat down next to her. "What happened? I thought we had a plan?" She said.

Kenzie nodded and sighed. "About that. If I'm here, he has no reason to want to come after you and Sami. Just don't let him wind you up. Don't wind him up. He thinks he's keeping me prisoner here. But he's not. When he's not looking, I'm going. And I want you to make sure you and Sami are far away from the village as possible," she told her.

Charlee frowned. "Kenzie."

"Trust me. It's all going to be okay. I know it is. I know what I'm doing that," Kenzie said as she smiled to her sister.

Charlee nodded and sighed. She wasn't convinced. But she wasn't going to question Kenzie. Not when she thought there was something more to it.

***
Sami looked up as Charlee walked in. He smiled and kissed her. "You okay? You look a little off," he said.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me," Charlee said.

But she had no idea how this was all the beginning of something much more sinister for the Nightingale family. Especially as everything wasn't what it seemed.