Twenty-One

Charlee sat in bed with Sami and sighed. "If we want Warren to pay for this, then we have to convince Kenzie he's the one who did it," she said as she looked at him.

Sami nodded and sighed. "I know. But you realise we're betraying your sister," he told her.

"I know. But maybe she is better off away from Warren. I mean who knows, maybe he would have killed my dad. You just got there first," Charlee said as she kissed him.

"Yeah."

The bedroom door knocked and Kenzie walked in. She smiled. "Hey. Is everything okay? I heard you talking about Warren," she said.

Charlee paled. "Everything is fine. We're just talking about stuff. And everything that's happened lately. I just feel like... I don't know. Everything feels like a huge mess."

Kenzie smiled and nodded. "It'll be fine. I know that too much has happened. But everything will be fine," she said.

"Really?"

"Yes. Really. I promise you."

***
Charlee and Kenzie were walking through the village. Warren walked over. "Are you and Sami going to tell her the truth? How it was your lawyer who killed Mac hand you're framing me?" He said.

Kenzie frowned. "What's he talking about?"

"Nothing. I promise."

Warren smirked. "I overheard her and the lawyer talking about framing me for your dad's murder. He admitted that it was him who killed Mac," he said.

Kenzie looked to Charlee. "Tell me that isn't true. Tell me."

"It's not true."

Warren rolled his eyes. "Yes it is true. She's in denial. She would rather see me sent down for something I didn't do. Do you not think I would have told you it was me."

"No. I don't know that Warren. You've done so much in the past. So forgive me if I don't believe you," Kenzie said as she walked off.

Charlee went to follow her when Warren grabbed her arm. "You're going to pay for this. You and the lawyer. You turned her against me and you will pay," he spat.

Charlee rolled her eyes. "Leave me alone Warren."

***
Charlee walked into the pub with Kenzie. Kenzie turned to her. "Tell me he's not telling the truth. Please. I killed my baby because of this. So please tell me that Sami didn't kill him," she said.

"Sami didn't kill him. I promise you. Warren did it. He's killed before hasn't he?"

Kenzie nodded and sighed. "I'm sorry I doubted you. I just... I don't know. My head is a mess. And I feel like I made a mistake. Having the abortion," she told her.

Charlee held her close and sighed. "It will be okay."

***
Sami frowned as Warren walked into the office. He glared. "You and your little bitch have ruined my life. Kenzie hates me. She won't talk to me. You're the one who killed Mac. And yet somehow I'm the one being blamed for it," Warren said.

Sami rolled his eyes. He looked at him. "Don't even start it. Everyone knows that you're the one who killed him."

"You'll pay for this."

Sami stood up and glared. "Leave."

Warren turned to leave. Sami followed him. They left the building and there was police. "Warren Fox. I'm arresting you on suspicion of murder. You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence something which you later rely on in court."

Warren turned to Sami. He had a smirk on his face. "You'll pay."

Sami pulled Charlee into his arms. He kissed her head. "It's over babe. I promise."

Charlee nodded and sighed. Unaware of how it wasn't the end and how it was just the beginning of Warren Fox's revenge.