Twenty-Two

Charlee left her bedroom and saw Warren standing there with Kenzie. Kenzie looked to her. "So he got released. Because apparently there is evidence that proves he didn't kill our father," she said.

Charlee looked to her. "Kenzie..."

"No. Don't. I told you what I did. And how I regretted it! And you... you let me believe he had killed him," Kenzie said.

Charlee walked over to her. She took her hand. "Please. I didn't want this. I just didn't want to lose Sami," she told her.

Kenzie looked at her sister. She turned to Warren. "Can you go? I'll come and find you later," she said.

"Sure."

As soon as Warren left, Kenzie turned to Charlee. "Im not mad. Im pissed. But I'll get over it. For now, I want him to think that I'm done with you. I want to get away from this village. And I need you and Sami to help me," Kenzie said.

Charlee nodded. She wiped away her tears. "Im sorry. I really am."

"I know."

***
Charlee made her way over to the Maalik house. Misbah let her in. "Sami is in his room. Go on up," she said with a smile.

"Thanks."

Charlee walked off upstairs. Sami was sitting in bed. He frowned when he saw the look on Charlee's face. "What's happened?" He asked.

"Warren. He got released. Kenzie knows. She knows how we set him up," Charlee said.

Sami paled. He looked to her. "You're kidding?"

"No. I woke up this morning. Tried to go for my coffee. And there he was. Kenzie knows everything. They're saying that there's evidence that proves he didn't kill my dad," Charlee said.

Sami looked to her in shock. He knew that everything was going wrong. "We've made an enemy out of Warren Fox. And we have to leave. Because he won't stop until he's gotten his revenge."

Charley shook her head. "Kenzie. She's going to leave. Then Warren will go after her. We just need to help her."

Sami frowned. "But... we set her boyfriend up for murder. Why does she want us to help her?"

"She isn't mad."

***
Charlee and Sami were walking through the village. Warren walked over with a smirk. "Just left your place. Had some good make up sex. Kenzie seems to have forgiven me. You however," he said.

Charlee scoffed. "So what Warren? You've ruined my relationship with her."

"Oh she might be finished with you. But you will never be able to walk around this village without realising that I can send your perfect lawyer to the jailhouse just like that. So if I were you, I'd be a little nicer," Warren spat as he walked off.

Charlee turned to Sami. "Kenzie had sex with him?"

"Yes. Because if I'm going to leave, I want to make sure he comes after me and leaves you alone. I'm doing this for you," Kenzie said.

Charlee felt tears sting her eyes. She looked at her. "You're putting your own life at risk for me? Why?"

"Because you're my sister. My best friend. And you're happy with Sami. I'm not happy here. So let me do this."

Charlee nodded and sighed. She pulled her sister into an hug. "I'm going to miss you," she sobbed.

"I'll miss you too. But I'm doing this for you."

***
Charlee and Sami were lying in bed together. Sami held her close as she sobbed. "It'll be okay. I promise you. Okay?"

"Will it? Everything is just going wrong for us. And I'm scared. Scared that I'm going to lose my sister for good."

"You have me. I'm here for you. I'll always be here for you," Sami said.

Charlee kissed him and nodded. But would it be enough to stop their relationship from falling apart?