Twenty-Eight

Charlee knew how she and Sami were trying to make it all work for the sake of their baby. She knew it wasn't easy. But they were trying.

Charlee knew how she was scared of losing this baby. Especially after the miscarriage. She knew how that had almost broken her.

She wanted to make it work. If it didn't work for her, she wanted it to work for the sake of her baby.

All she knew was that she was going to do everything she could to make it work. It was all that she could do.

Morning came and so Charlee woke in bed. She looked to see Sami as he walked in. He handed her a plate. "I made you breakfast. I want to look after you."

"You're too sweet," Charlee said as she took the plate from him. She smiled. "Have you had anything?"

Sami nodded. "I had toast. I wasn't too hungry. I wanted to make sure you were eating."

Charlee smiled and kissed him. "I'm eating just fine babe. I promise. The baby is being well looked after."

"Good."

Charlee looked to him as she pulled him onto the bed. "I love you. I hope you know that."

"I love you too. And our baby. And I'm going to do everything I can to look after you," Sami said as he kissed her.

***
Charlee went out into the village. She saw Kenzie and smirked. "Well. Look what I've caught. Doing the walk of shame are we?" She asked.

"No. I just... I fell asleep. Somewhere I wasn't supposed to," Kenzie said.

"Uh-huh. In warren's bed?"

"Maybe."

Charlee smiled as she looked to her sister. "Honestly. Just be careful. You and Warren. While it's good, it's still toxic."

Kenzie nodded. She sighed. "I know. I just can't help myself. He's amazing," she said. She looked to her. "How's my niece or nephew cooking?"

"They're good. Keep moving though. And therefore I need to keep peeing. Which sucks," she said.

Kenzie smiled and nodded. "Well that's what pregnancy does to you."

***
Charlee walked into the pub. She saw Marnie. Marnie looked to her. "How is my grandbaby doing?" She asked.

"Fine. Pressing on my bladder. Which is annoying me. But they're doing good," Charlee said. She saw the look on her mums face. "What?"

Marnie smiled and shook her head. "Nothing. I'm just glad to see you with a smile. It suits you," she said.

"Well I've got a reason to smile now. I have Sami and I have our baby."

"I'm glad. You look beautiful with a smile on your face," Marnie told her as she smiled.

***
Charlee walked back into the flat. She saw Sami sitting on the sofa. "So, I've been thinking. Maybe we could go on a baby moon. Just us. And get down and dirty for the weekend," she said.

Sami smirked as he pulled her close and kissed her. He nodded. "Sounds like a good idea. I'll book us somewhere," he said as he kissed her again.

But neither were aware of how secrets from their past were about to emerge and change it all for them.