Twenty

Charlee felt like everything was a lie. She felt like Sami was lying to her about who really killed her father and she wanted to know the truth about it. Especially since she knew Kenzie was risking her life trying to find out what happened.

When she woke that morning, she saw Sami walking into the bedroom. He smiled. "Hey babe. Morning."

"Morning. Look. I really need to know. What happened with my dad? I know there's more than what you're telling me. So what is it?"

Sami sighed. "You know everything that happened. I told you."

"No. You told me that Warren did it. And my sister aborted her baby because of this. So what happened?" She asked as she looked at him.

"Warren killed your father. He's the violent type. I was just there. I promise you."

Charlee just nodded. She felt that it was a lie. But she couldn't question him knowing it would cause tension in their relationship. And she hated it.

***
Charlee smiled as she saw Kenzie. She looked at her. "How are you?" She asked as she sat next to her.

"I'm okay. I'm in some pain today. But I'm all good. I'm going to be all good when I've found out the truth. Because if it wasn't Warren and I killed our baby, I don't know how I'll cope," she said.

Charlee took her hand. "I know it's hard. But you're okay. You're going to be okay. And one day you'll have your own baby. That may be with Warren. Or it might not be. But you'll be the mummy I know you're meant to be."

"I hope so."

***
Charlee went out into the village. She saw Warren standing outside the pub. "She's got to talk to me. I didn't kill Mac. I took the blame for Sami. He's the one who did it," he said.

Charlee frowned. "And how am I meant to believe you? How do I know you're not lying?"

"Because I was going to leave him. But the good lawyer is the one who gave the final blow. And we both know it. Why else would he be so keen to put the blame on me?"

Charlee didn't know what to think. She knew it was a huge mess. She looked at him. "Say I believe you. Why do you think Kenzie will talk to you? You literally have no idea what we've both been through. My relationship is hanging by a thread."

"And mine isn't? I love Kenzie. She's made my world so much better. And all I want is for me and her to be happy," Warren said.

Charlee sighed. She looked at him. "I don't know. It's all a mess right now. I need to speak to Sami."

***
Sami looked up as Charlee walked into the office. She looked at him. "Warren told me that it was you who killed my dad. Why did you lie?"

Sami frowned. "Babe. I didn't do it. It was Warren. We both know he would do anything to get himself off the hook," he said.

Charlee rolled her eyes. She looked at him. "Stop lying to me. Please. I can't handle this. Just tell me the truth. We can still get Warren sent down for it," she said.

Sami nodded and sighed. "It was me. I did it."

Charlee sighed and nodded. She walked over to him. "As far as anyone is concerned, this was Warren. He did it."

"Yeah."

The two of them kissed heatedly. Unaware of just how Warren had heard everything. And he was after revenge.