A Break in the Clouds (Pt. 2)

“You stay here as long as you need, Izuku!” Mitsuki bellowed, her mocha colored cardigan forgotten on the couch where she’d abandoned her knitting in favor of scooping Izuku up into a bone-crushing embrace. “I’m so excited! Maybe some of your manners will rub off on my son, and he’ll finally stop bein’ such a snot!”

 “Don’t get your hopes up, Old Hag!”

 “Stop calling me that, dammit!”

 “Then stop acting like an old hag, Old Hag!”

 “Now, now,” Masaru interjected with a chuckle, putting an end to the war raging back and forth over Izuku’s head. “We would be glad to have you here even if you weren’t a great influence on our son.”

 “Ah, th-thank you again! Really, you didn’t have to,” Izuku thanked them for probably the fiftieth time in the last half-hour, extracting himself from the surprisingly strong arms confining him. “I’ll try not to burden you too much!”

 “Izuku, you’re too cute.” Her smile stretched wider. “Don’t worry about it! We’re happy to help! Right sweety?”

 Masaru nodded in agreement, sidling up next to his wife and looping his arm loosely around her waist. “Katsuki told us about your situation at home. Being left home alone all the time isn’t healthy, and the worry I’m sure it causes Inko isn’t healthy either. You’re more than welcome here.”

 Izuku smiled, heart swelling. He was so fortunate to have people like the Bakugous in his life.

 “Are you dipshits all done yet? Deku still has to unpack and I have shit to do.”

 “Stop cursing, sailor mouth! We’ll be done when I say we’re done!”

 “Pot calling the kettle black, Old Hag, and Deku’s not a lifeless barbie doll you can just drag around with you all day!”

 “Don’t talk back to me, brat! Have some respect!”

 Kacchan bared his teeth and was swiftly rewarded with a smack to the top of his head. He fumed, snapping at her like an angry chihuahua, but any smart-ass comments stayed lodged in his throat. Stifling a giggle, Izuku looked on with shining eyes. The way they interacted with one another was so vastly unlike the kind of dynamic Izuku had grown accustomed to growing up. They were all so carefree. No anxiety underlying every sentence, no exhaustion lacing their sluggish movements, no unspoken words scrawled between the lines of their furrowed brows. He almost felt jealous, watching them.