Galaxy of Guilt (Pt. 3)

For the next two hours, Deku dragged Katsuki all over the damn mall, from Hot Topic to Lolli and Pops, from Spencers to Sears. And by dragged, Katsuki means the idiot kept running away and Katsuki had to give chase lest the moron wind up lost or a victim in a kidnapping.

 Currently, Deku was leaning against the thin, white railing of the second floor balcony, his hair falling into his face as he looked down at the people milling about underneath them.

 “Wow, everything looks so pretty,” Deku whispered, just loud enough for Katsuki to hear. The blonde rolled his eyes.

 “You keep fucking saying that. It’s just a building, Deku.”

 “A pretty building.”

 “You’re insufferable.”

 And for whatever reason, Deku smiled. Katsuki huffed, leaning further on the railing next to the greenette. He really didn’t understand him. Everytime he thought he did, another little oddity about the freckled boy would show itself, and Katsuki would be left guessing all over again.

 Clicking his tongue, the blonde pushed himself up and grabbed Deku’s bicep, tugging him away, too. Deku gazed at him questioningly as he was taken from his sight-seeing spot.

 “Kacchan? What are you doing?”

 “Despite what you seem to think, nerd, I did actually take you here for a reason.”

 Deku’s eyes lit up with understanding, and then guilt, his supple lips pulling down in a slight frown and his eyebrows drawing together. “Oh, I’m sorry, Kacchan! I’ve just been running around aimlessly, wasting your time! You should have told me I was keeping you,” He said, tone soft and regretful.

 Katsuki stared at the green haired boy a tick longer than he really needed to, longer than he should, lazily exploring the lustrous, virescent eyes that studied him so raptly, so continually.

 “Whatever,” the volatile teen eventually replied, “it doesn’t matter. Follow me, nerd, and don’t fall behind.”

 The freckled boy nodded once, a little ‘hmph!’ escaping his throat as he prepared to match Katsuki’s brisk walking pace through the droves of people. Katsuki shook his head and with one final, “Keep up, Deku,” turned on his heel and ambled off.

 The blonde didn’t look back until he stood at the entrance of the shop he’d come for in the first place, twirling around to see a familiar floof of green curls standing behind him with an accomplished expression adorning his features. Katsuki was a tiny bit impressed; he’d half expected to be stuck searching the crowd because Deku got left behind.