Sunrise (Pt.2)

Katsuki spent nearly 10 minutes searching the school, tearing down hallways and shoving open every classroom door along the way, heedless of the many heart attacks he was instigating in innocent bystanders. To both Katsuki's relief and utter exasperation, he finally found the nerd in the last place he looked, those green curls standing out like a beacon and catching Katsuki's eyes as he slammed the door to the roof open. Deku, predictably, jumped up from his spot on the hard cement and whirled around at the sound of the door crashing against the metal stairwell wall. He gaped soundlessly at the blonde, his lunch left half-eaten on the ledge of the building, and Katsuki felt a twinge of unease at how close the nerd had apparently been to the edge. However, he pushed the emotion back down. The idiot wasn't that fucking stupid.

 "So this is where you eat, hah?" Katsuki asked, glancing around briefly before clicking his tongue and sauntering over to the shocked greenette, hands shoved in his pockets to give off an air of unconcern. "Choose a place that's easier to find next time, shitty nerd."

 "K-Kacchan, what are you doing up here?! Why were you trying to find me?!" The green haired boy questioned.

 Katsuki sat down next to the other and yanked on his arm, causing him to stumble slightly before he hesitantly took a seat beside the blonde, tucking his legs underneath him.

 After taking a modicum of time to properly take in his surroundings, Katsuki could kind of see the appeal of eating up there. The view was pretty, and it was just cool enough up there you were able to enjoy the midday sun without suffering from heat stroke. Sunburn was definitely still a worry, though. Fucking nerd probably brought sunscreen up there with him. Even so, the roof, by all accounts, was a weird damn place to go eat everyday. The cement was rough and uncomfortable and the occasional gusts of wind were bound to steal a fry or two. Plus, he imagined it would get lonely quick for someone as social as Deku. Nerd hated being alone.

 Though he supposed the greenette was probably used to it by now. Afterall, he hadn't really had a choice most of his life.

  No thanks to me, Katsuki's brain pointed out to him. He scowled at the thought, muttering a quiet, "Shut up," to himself.

 "Huh? But I didn't say anything." Deku piped up incredulously, having overheard.

 Katsuki glanced back at the greenette, taking in the dubious tilt of his brows, and turned away before the guilt stewing somewhere deep in his abdomen could make him say something moronic.

 "Tch, forget about it. I came to find you 'cause something is obviously wrong. Things usually aren't right with you but today they're worse and I want to know why."

 Deku laughed a little at that, soft and anxious. Katsuki squinted his eyes suspiciously at the sound- the green haired idiot was obviously attempting to sound nonchalant. Too bad he sucked at acting.

 "Really?" The freckled boy asked, "I don't feel any different than normal,"