Sweet Like Honey Painkillers (Pt.2)

Together, they all trekked out of the kitchen and ventured out past the heart of the party to a corner of the living room where a small circle of people were gathered. There were pillows on the floor for them to sit on and a bottle in the center. A neat little closet with light, brittle wooden doors was embedded into the wall right next to where they were all situated- convenient- and a big painting of the girl and her parents that appeared entirely too formal hung over it, looming over them uncomfortably. Izuku averted his eyes away from the painting as he sat down on a free pillow.

 Kacchan followed suit, taking a seat on the only other available cushion. The blonde was directly across from Izuku, sandwiched in between the host and one of her friends- a very plain looking girl with yellowish hair tied back in a messy bun. The girls scooted closer to the blonde as soon as he sat down, vying for his attention, whereas the girl and guy seated next to Izuku pretended he didn’t even exist.

 That was fine, though. The less attention on him, the better.

 The first few rounds went by without incident. Girls and guys paired away according to the bottle’s random selections and for the next seven minutes the group would chat and trade gossip. Kacchan was visibly bored out of his skull, those striking eyes of his threatening to roll back into his skull with every lame jab and crappy joke. The only enjoyment the blonde seemed to get was watching Izuku make a fool of himself the few times he was included in conversation.

 Izuku was just happy to, for the most part, not be in the spotlight.

 Though, like anything else in life, that peace didn’t last forever.

 “Hey, Deku, it’s your turn.” One of the guys called. His black hair was side-swept, dipped down into mischievous, serpentine eyes.

 Izuku gulped. “O-Oh, okay. Do I just… spin it?” He asked, hand wavering tentatively above the brown glass bottle laying on its side.

 “Yeah.” The teen snickered, and as Izuku gripped the bottle in his uncertain hands, tacked on, “Wonder who the unlucky lady is gonna be.”

 “Shut the fuck up, dweeb. Stop talking like you’re hot shit when you look like an off brand vampire from Twilight.”

 All eyes whirled on Kacchan at the insult. The blonde sported a minacious look as he leaned back on his tailbone, arms out behind him supporting his torso.

 It seemed, for a moment, that no one really knew how to react. Kacchan was undeniably the coolest person in school and everybody respected his unchallenged strength, but to defend Deku?

 Izuku worried his lip; he was always causing problems for Kacchan in one way or another.

 “Well?” Kacchan questioned, turning cerise orbs on Izuku. “Get on with it already, dumbass.”