Budding

~~ Author's note:
Guys, I got fanart!!! Its so awesome! I put it in the banner ^ (it's of Fukami, my OC, the therapist lady)
Thank all of you for all the support!! I hope you like the parts I'm posting today :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 A familiar, ever-annoying tick of a wall clock pervaded the silence in Fukami's small office.

 Katsuki ground his teeth as his ears tuned into it, leaning back against the stuffy, blindingly white cushions of the sofa. Fukami was staring at him expectantly, hands folded in her lap as she waited patiently.

 The clock kept ticking, though, and still Katsuki's mouth remained firmly shut.

 "You know, Katsuki, you're meant to talk during these sessions." She spoke up eventually, the amused smile on her lips never fading.

 Katsuki jerked his head away, glaring down at the fat flower vase placed at the center of her coffee table. Her name and a date were etched near the base, the words and numbers woven between twisting branches and budding flowers; it had probably been a present. "Tch. Yeah, I know."

 "So talk."

 "You're really shit at this, you know that?"

 "If I tried to approach this the normal way, you'd have my head on a stake."

 Katsuki huffed, but didn’t attempt to deny it. “Might put your head on a stake anyway.”

 "Okay, listen," Fukami sighed, leaning forward in her chair. "Something's clearly got you upset. You know I can't discuss anything we talk about here with anyone else, so whatever secret you’ve got is safe with me. Tell me what's going on, and I'll give you a second opinion. It's what I'm here for."

 Attention flickering from the vase to the scuff marks on his boots, Katsuki took a deep breath in. He wanted to stick to his guns and refuse to answer her properly, but, fuck, he needed to get this off his chest.

 "...I made Deku hurt himself."

 Fukami's eyes widened, jaw slackening. It was a genuine reaction, one that happened before she had the mind to plaster an air of professionalism over it.

 "Not like that, lady," Katsuki snarled, "I didn't fucking force him or tell him to do it. We just… had a fight, and he got upset, and he hurt himself. So it was my fault."

 Fukami's shoulders dropped a fraction. "Oh," she breathed, "Well, tell me how you felt when you found out. What was your first thought? Your first reaction?"

 “I… punched the ground.” Katsuki shrugged, uncomfortable. His foot tapped against the rug so rapidly he was probably wearing a hole in it.