Dark Side of the Moon

Trigger Warning:
  Abuse. If you're sensitive to that, beware! Otherwise, I hope you like the chapter. 💛

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The night air, somehow, felt less still than it had an hour earlier. The quiet was relaxing, a comfort where previously it had been so painfully obvious. Izuku hardly noticed the sound his shoes made on the pavement this time around.

  I know Kacchan said he would do this for me, Izuku thought to himself, but I almost can't believe he actually did. I guess this is his way of taking responsibility.

  Izuku sighed and looked up at the inky sky, following the trails of light the stars emitted and connecting the dots.

  He could have just apologized. He's acting like he actually…

 Izuku halted briefly, standing still as his eyes traced vague and imaginary creatures in the twinkling light, before the greenette shook his head and huffed, moving forward once more.

 Ha, no, that's stupid. Kacchan goes the extra mile for everything. The fact that he's doing this for me doesn't really mean anything.

  A small grin stretched his lips despite the way his contentment curdled a little inside him. Even if his relationship with Kacchan wasn't really everything he'd hoped it would be when they were younger, he couldn't help but continue to admire the other boy. He put his entire being into everything he did and, for whatever reason, Izuku couldn't seem to tear his eyes away from the show.

 As Izuku rounded a corner, the steps leading up to his apartment became visible in the distance, and Izuku hurried towards them. It was late and he needed as much sleep as he could get.

 Izuku fumbled with his keys once he reached the door, inserting them into the lock and opening the door with only a little struggle.

 Izuku knew something was off the second he stepped into the house. The energy in the air shifted- everything felt cold and charged, as if one wrong move would send everything hurtling towards some unforeseen demise. The feeling had Izuku's hairs standing on end, a fear more intense than even he was used to trickling down his spine and constricting his airways.

 Izuku realised why as soon as he walked into the living room and his eyes adjusted to the dim light. Hisashi sat on the couch with his back facing him, hunched over and radiating anger. The green haired boy sucked in a breath of oxygen as his fear spiked, he knew this couldn't be good.

 His eyes were wide as they began flitting about the room, searching for the source of the other man's anger. He couldn't find one, and knew he should leave, but he didn't know how to do that without alerting his father, if he was even still unaware of his presence, and possibly making him angrier. Potential scenarios and options were whirling around in his head so fast he couldn't focus on one long enough for it to be useful.