Merry Christmas!

She's an old soul whose heart speaks an all but forgotten language. -JM Storm

Koale sat on the sofa as he watched Rosie pace in and out of the living room and bedroom changing a thousand times, not satisfied with how she looked for Christmas Eve with her extended family. Everything she put on looked terrific on her beautiful figure. Still, he could see that she was extremely nervous for him to meet her best friend's family.

After dinner with RJ's dad and brothers, her dad wanted her to bring Koale to Christmas with the Carter family so that her aunts and grandparents could meet him

After dinner with RJ's dad and brothers, her dad wanted her to bring Koale to Christmas with the Carter family so that her aunts and grandparents could meet him. Rosie was going to be a nervous wreck tomorrow as well, but Koale was going to make sure that she would get through it.

"Baby, you look perfect. You need to stop changing. We need to leave in a few minutes" Koale smiled as she walked into the room in a figure-hugging, black velvet dress with detailed pearl straps.

"This is too tight!" Rosie exclaimed, looking down at the velvet dress.

"It's fine, Baby. Put on those maroon heels, and you'll look perfect" Koale smiled, standing up in his suit and kissing her hairline.

"Fine!" Rosie exclaimed as she got a text from Cleo telling her to hurry up.

Before Rosie could change her mind, Koale wrapped her coat around her shoulders and ushered her out to the Traverse. Koale knew that both women were nervous about their boyfriends' meeting all of their family. Still, both men had sworn to each other that they wouldn't let their girlfriends overthink the whole night and wanted them to enjoy themselves. Steve and Koale both realized that Cleo and Rosie were always focused on their work and didn't take much time to just enjoy life. This was something that they were going to change.

As they drove the thirty minutes to the venue, downtown Koale noticed that RJ was fidgeting like crazy, clearly uncomfortable with having to go to this party tonight

As they drove the thirty minutes to the venue, downtown Koale noticed that RJ was fidgeting like crazy, clearly uncomfortable with having to go to this party tonight. Rosie wasn't much for significant social situations, which she would have to face more often as her career continued to take off. Still, Koale was always going to be there to help her through them.

"Baby, everything is going to be fine," Koale smiled, placing his hand on her knee as they sat at a red light.

"I'm just so nervous! The last person that I dated that they met was my ex, and they hated him!" Rosie rambled, looking like she was on the verge of tears.