The Fly That Broke The Camels Back

Arcane (adj.) secret, mysterious, understood by only a few.

"RJ, enough is enough! You know as well as I do that Blaze is bad for you!" Cleo, Rosie's best friend, exclaimed.

"I hate to admit it, but you're right," Rosie sighed, "I've lost thirty pounds in six months, I've been sicker in the past six months than I have in years, he's trying to control my life, and he's pushed out so many people in my life."

"Wait, you're actually admitting I'm right?" Cleo asked in surprise.

"Yes, I'm admitting you're right! I just don't know what to do!" She replied, running a hand down her face in frustration.

"What do you mean? The obvious thing to do is break up with him," she replied with a quirked eyebrow.

"It's not that simple, Cleo. He keeps telling me that he's going to school for me. I wasn't going to break up with him until he finishes trade school. I don't want to be his excuse to quit," she sighed, examining the tile in her best friend's kitchen.

"So, you've been thinking about leaving him already?" Cleo asked with large eyes.

"Yes, I just didn't want to say anything because I know you don't like him, and I wanted you to keep up the act," Rosie replied, hiding her face in her hands.

"Wait! You've known this whole time!" she exclaimed.

"Yes, I've known this whole time! Since the sixth grade, we've been best friends, and we're about to graduate from college in four months! We've been best friends for thirteen years, so I think I know when you're lying about how you feel about someone" Rosie chuckled at her best friend.

"It's been thirteen years?" Cleo exclaimed, not realizing how long they had been friends.

"Almost fourteen in August," Rosie smiled softly.

"Wow, that's a long time," Cleo breathed, "By the way, TC was asking about you in class today."

"My ex-boyfriend is not the priority right now! What do I do about Blaze?" Rosie growled as she got a text from her boyfriend.

"What did he do now?" Cleo asked, noticing the change in Rosie's energy.

"He wants to bring his roommate to the movies with Elana and us. Are you fucking serious? He knows she isn't comfortable around Tim! Hell, she's barely comfortable around him!" Rosie growled again.

"Hell no!" Cleo growled.

"I'm telling him he can just go home, and we're going on our own. I'm not doing this shit right now. I'm not doing this shit anymore. No more excuses; it ends tonight after the movie," Rosie sighed, running her hand down her face.

"You're breaking up with Blaze?" Elana asked, stepping around the corner.

"Are you okay with that?" Rosie asked, looking at Elana, who was like her younger sister.

"Of course! He hurt you, and he shouldn't get to be with you!" Elana exclaimed.

"You know who we should invite?" Rosie smirked.

"Who?" Cleo asked with a quirked eyebrow.

"TC" Rosie smirked, knowing her soon to be ex-boyfriend would be angry to know she had been with the first man she ever loved.

"Wait... are you serious?" Cleo laughed, knowing what Rosie was thinking.

"Dead serious!" Rosie chuckled as Cleo pulled out her phone to call TC.

"Hello?" TC answered his phone.

"Hey, are you busy?" Cleo smiled.

"No, why?" TC replied.