Meeting the Family

Don't be afraid to leave it all behind...there is new light and new life, there are new worlds waiting. -Butterflies Rising

Koale couldn't help the smile that came to his face as he watched RJ stare out the plane window at his hometown. Rosie had never been to San Diego before, and you could see that she was in love with all the blue and green she was seeing. He couldn't wait to see Rosie's reaction to New Orleans when they flew out there to apartment hunt with Cleo. It was a beautiful city to be in and had so much history that Koale just knew would continuously inspire Rosabella.

A part of Koale hoped that Rosie would love San Diego more than she did New Orleans so that they could move here. However, Koale wanted to see her love her family home in Louisiana to get in touch with her family history no matter how dark it was. No matter what, RJ decided Koale would be happy wherever they chose to live their lives. She would be his wife one day and planned to meet up with Cleo in Los Angeles to go ring shopping for Rosie.

"It's so beautiful," RJ breathed, taking her phone and snapping professional-quality photos from the air

"Yes, you are," Koale whispered, getting an embarrassed giggle out of Rosie.

"Do you really think your mom will like me?" she asked with worried eyes.

"I know she will because you are smart, funny, caring, beautiful, and have my love," he smiled, kissing Rosie.

"Luckily, I have met both of your brothers, and they seemed to like me" Rosie grinned.

"Two of them. I have a younger brother that lives with my dad," Koale corrected shyly.

"Oh, you never told me about him" she smiled.

"Yeah, he honestly looks like he could be my son since he's so young. His name is Lamar" he smiled, showing Rosie a picture of a little boy no older than 10.

"Do I get to meet your dad's side while we're here?" Rosie asked with excited hope in her eyes.

"Yes, we'll be staying at my dad's while we are in LA next week, except for a few days around the photoshoot day. I rented a little bungalow a block away from the shoot location so we can enjoy this experience together in peace" Koale grinned at her excitement as the plane landed.

"I'm looking forward to it" she grinned as they watched the plane reach the terminal.

"Good," he smirked, getting an eye roll from RJ.

Once the couple had gotten off the plane, they headed to the baggage claim to gather their bags and meet his mom. Rosie seemed to glow as she took in the bustling airport around her and found herself unconsciously taking more photos. Koale loved to see when the world around them inspired Rosie because she always seemed to brighten as the creativity flowed. As Koale retrieved the last of their bags, he turned to find Rosie talking to a woman that looked familiar to him.