Awards Night

Be open to learn, unlearn, and relearn.

About two weeks from her due date, Rosie found herself on her second week of maternity leave. Rosie and Reagan spent a lot of time at the beach together while Koale and Leilani were off at work. Koale had been working with Calvin on an album dedicated to his two boys while Rosie was growing her relationship with them. Today was the first day in a while that Rosie and Koale were spending with just one another, and they were enjoying every moment.

"Babe, do you want me to take my mom or Reagan on the 19th? You're due at the beginning of September," Koale asked as he was being fitted for his VMAs look.

"We did not spend as much time as we did getting me a custom dress for me not to attend with you," Rosie chuckled from the sofa.

"I don't even know what your dress looks like," Koale chuckled, admiring his heavily pregnant girlfriend through the mirror.

"It's black, so it'll go with your outfit," Rosie smirked, refusing to let him know what her gown would look like.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, genuinely wanting to know.

"Like a whale, but very happy" she smiled warmly.

"You look like a goddess Miss Rosie" Kai, Koale's tailor, complimented, getting a blush out of Rosie.

"Thank you, Kai," Rosie grinned, hiding behind her hands.

"You're welcome," Kai nodded, "You can get back into your clothes, Koale. I'll make those last couple adjustments, and Breena will pick it up the night before."

Three Months Before

"And the final nomination for Best New Artist goes to Koale!" the announcer exclaimed from Snoop's television

"What the fuck!" Koale exclaimed, snapping his head towards the tv.

"Congrats, Kay!" Snoop smiled, having known there was a possibility his newest artist would be nominated.

"I don't even know what to say," he whispered, taking a hit from the joint he was smoking.

"I'd be calling my woman right now to tell her the news" Snoop chuckled since Rosie was doing a photo shoot at a mansion down the road from them.

"Oh fuck! What time is it? Rosie's shoot should almost be done!" Koale exclaimed, grabbing his phone.

"Didn't you drive?" Terri, another friend of Snoop's, asked.

"God damn it, Rosie's going to kill me," Koale sighed, seeing that he had a couple missed texts from Rosie.

"Why would I kill you? Neither of us drove today," Rosie laughed, coming into the kitchen, "Dany insisted on us using a driver today. How much have y'all had to smoke since you started working five hours ago?"