I Love You

There are blessings every day... find them... create them... treasure them...

"Welcome to the world, little man" Koale smiled after Aero finally greeted the world twelve hours after Koale won his first VMA.

"Here you go, Mama," their doctor smiled, holding Aero, "Perfectly healthy 19 1/2 inch, 7 pounds 8-ounce baby boy."

"Aero Jedrek Leasau," Rosie smiled, taking him in her arms, "You are more loved than you will ever understand."

"I'll give you two some space" the doctor smiled since they had already gotten her afterbirth out.

"Thank you, Dr. Falkor" Rosie smiled before she and the nurse left, "Can you send my family in?"

"Absolutely," she smiled.

Koale admired Rosie admiring their son and knew waiting until Christmas wouldn't work. Sending a quick text to Dany, he decided to propose before they even left the hospital. Rosie looked the most beautiful to Koale at that moment as a mother entirely in love with the being she had just brought into the world. Almost a year together, and their lives had changed entirely since then.

"Hi, Baby Girl," Jerome smiled, stepping into the hospital room

"Hi, Daddy," Rosie grinned, excited to introduce him to his second grandchild.

"He's absolutely perfect," Jerome breathed, seeing Aero's face.

"Where's Reagan?" Rosie smiled, wanting him to be the first family member to hold Aero.

"We're right here" Leilani smiled as they came through the door next.

"Come meet your little brother," Koale smiled, waving Reagan over to the bed.

"He's so little," Reagan whispered after he was next to Rosie in the hospital bed.

"You were that little too, Rea" Lei smiled, admiring her son with his brother.

"Do you want to hold him?" Rosie asked with a warm smile.

"Really?" he asked in surprise.

"Put your arm on my leg," Rosie guided, "Support his head. See, there you got it!"

"I'm gonna protect you forever," Reagan whispered, holding Aero for the first time.

"You're going to be an amazing older brother" Koale smiled, watching his boys.

The family enjoyed their first few hours with Aero until he started to get restless, and they all said their quiet goodbyes. It broke Rosie and Koale's hearts as Reagan argued about leaving his younger brother. After a surprisingly sizeable first meal, the parents watched their son sleep. Koale sat rubbing Rosie's knuckles while she lay on her side, exhausted but happier than she'd ever been. Just as Koale was going to say something, the door slowly and quietly opened to reveal Dany and gifts.