Time To Ourselves

Being attracted to someone's way of thinking is a whole different level of attention.

The couple pulled up to their Airbnb in Huntington Beach, and Rosie's jaw dropped; Koale had made the house out to be a little surf shack, but this was a massive home right on the beach. The place looked like a Spanish villa straight out of a movie.

"You said you rented a little bungalow, not a villa!" Rosie exclaimed after Koale had gotten the gate open.

"I know, but I was talking to Amell about the trip, and I showed him the place we were going to stay at, and he insisted on getting us an even better place. GQ is seriously interested in making you one of their in-house photographers" Koale smiled brightly.

"Wait, what?" she sputtered in surprise.

"Amell wanted me to give you this once we settled into the house, but I just can't wait any longer" he smiled once the car was in park.

Koale handed Rosie a thick contract that he pulled out of his backpack after grabbing it from the backseat. Rosie skimmed through it and saw that they were offering her a $100,000 a year salary and had the freedom to live wherever she wanted because the company would pay for her travel. They would even provide her with an assistant of her choice if Rosie found she needed one.

"I don't even know what to say," Rosie gasped with overwhelmed tears in her eyes, "When do I have to give them an answer?"

"End of the week, after the shoot and the interview. If you choose not to sign, they still want to contact you for different shoots or interviews." Koale smiled, watching Rosie's face.

"This is the job of a lifetime! From what I'm seeing, I'll actually be working for Conde Nast and would be able to work with some of the biggest magazines and brands on the market. I want to do this, and until we decided where we wanted to live, we are earning solid revenue from the channel. I know that makes you uncomfortable to not be able to help more, but it would only be for a short period," Rosie rambled.

"You have made it really clear that there is no shame in me not being employed for some time. If this is what you want to do, then do it! I'll be here no matter what you decide," he smiled reassuringly, "Now let's enjoy this amazing house till dinner. I booked us a reservation at a place by the water."

"Deal!" she smiled, feeling excited about the future.

Rosie and Koale got out of their rental Land Rover that Conde Nast had provided them to use in LA county. Anna herself had taken a severe interest in Rosie. She wanted to show her the life that working for her company could get Rosie. Koale scooped up most of the bags, leaving the three camera bags for Rosie, and walked over to the entrance gate into the house's courtyard.