I Have a Surprise

Vorfreude (n.) the joyful anticipation that comes from imagining future pleasures.

"I'm so glad you came out with Reagan before I have Aero," Rosie smiled, sitting in her studio with Leilani while they watched the boys play in the yard.

"KD was there with me for Reagan, and I felt like both of them needed to be here for Aero and you. We've become fast friends, and you take care of my son as if he was from you, so I wanted to be here for you as well" Lei smiled back.

"So, remember how you mentioned to me that you'd like to move closer to us for Rea and start fresh for you?" Rosie asked with eager eyes.

"Yeah, I was going to ask if we could stay with you guys until I get us a place. I got a really great job in LA, and we're going to need a place to stay for a bit" Lei grinned in excitement.

"Then I think you're going to love what I have to say next," Rosie smiled more, "I just got a huge signing bonus for a book deal, and the house next door is about to go on the market. If you like the place, I can afford to purchase it, and we can surprise the boys with you living next door."

"Oh, wow, that's a lot of money, Rosie," Leilani whispered.

"If it means getting to have you and Reagan right next door, there isn't a number in the world I wouldn't figure out how to make work" Rosie smiled, opening up a listing on her phone.

The large house looked like a normal-sized home next to the massive villa, but it was something Leilani would have loved. It was a tri-leveled, blue shingle-sided home with several balconies and porches and white pillars and trim. The house was a 4,900-square-foot Cape-Cod-style property with five bedrooms and five-and-a-half bathrooms.

"Rosie, this place is amazing! Flagstone front porch, Dutch front door, hardwood floors, Cape Code staircase, and the absolutely stunning kitchen! There are marble counters in the kitchen!" Lei whispered in excitement, "How could I ever repay you?"

"It takes a village to raise children, and we're building ours, so that makes you family. You and Reagan deserve this gift, so there is nothing to repay. Plus, I can make Condé Nast pay to put a gate in the fence between our properties." Rosie chuckled, "We can go to the open house tomorrow while Ko and Reagan are at the waterpark with all the cousins."

"I'm so down. The pantry alone is enough to win me over" Leilani laughed as they saw the gate from the drive open up, "Your sister is here."

"Oh, she brought Stephen too!" Rosie grinned, slowly standing up.

"Oh, shit, hey guys!" Koale exclaimed, hearing the gate open.

"No wonder you didn't know I was calling you!" Stephen laughed, "We were outside for fifteen minutes because the code wasn't working until Dany showed up."

"What do you mean the code didn't work?" Koale asked in confusion.

"It's still 8677, right?" Stephen asked in return.