Special Chapter: Dabi's birthday!

This chapter has very little, if not nothing at all to do with the plot. It is based off a video I saw on tiktok with changes so I'm not just copying the video. Trigger warning, VIOLENCE, AND ABUSE.

"Happy birthday to me, Happy birthday to me..." My words trail off as I stare at the bite sized, childs treat of a cupcake. When was the last time I even had a 'Happy birthday'? My childhood was always shit, always acting for the public while it was hell behind closed doors. Birthdays were just a day to put on appearances for the family members that stopped by with their fake smiles and bull shit gifts. It was obvious they were just trying to make the others look bad for their gifts by buying expensive shit. What child would want fine china? I'd blow out the candle to commemorate another year closer to death then leave. No one would notice I was gone. Nobody but Dad that is.

As soon as everyone would leave I knew what would happen. I'd crawl into my closet and try to hide myself with boxes. He would find me every time. My mother would try to stop him but she'd only get caught in the process. She'd grab him and scream at him only to be tossed to the side. I'd be grabbed, simply dangling in the air, tears stinging my eyes.

When people say birthday hits, this is what I thought they meant. I was so fucked up that I couldn't tell the difference and would beat the shit out of kids at school. After he would shout at me, I'd be dropped and he would leave. Finally peace, I would crawl onto my bed and lay there.

Happy birthday to me.

I look at the flame on my candle, blow it out, and watch the small stream of smoke raise from it.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

I toss the candle and pop the cupcake in my mouth while going to the door. I open it to see Toga standing there with a dumb grin on her face. I immediately shut the door only for her foot to get in the way. "WAIIIT, DON'T JUST SHUT THE DOOR ON ME!" She shouted and I just walked away from her.

She runs over to grab my arm and drags me with her out the room. "Come with me, I want to show you something." She says while pulling me down the hall towards the bar. "I don't want to see your blood collection, Toga." We reach the end of the hall to the dark bar.

"Hold on let me get the light-"

.

.

.

.

.

*click*

"SUPRISE!"

Twice and Toga both scream. I see a wedding cake sitting on the table. Shigaraki was sitting at the bar with Kurogiri leaned against it. "Don't you love it!?" Toga yells and pulls me to the table. "Twice broke into a bakery and made sure to get the biggest one just for you!" Toga pulls out a knife and cuts a slice and puts it in front of me.

I stare at the cake when I hear a pop and see confetti fall over me. I turn around to see Shigaraki holding a confetti popper as he drops it and walks away. "Don't leave yet Shiggy!" Toga whines. "I did my part." Shigarki says and heads towards his room.

I look at all the commotion going on around me, Twice arguing with himself, Toga whining, while Kurogiri calmly sips his wine. I pick up my fork and take a bite of the cake. This is actually some good cake.

"Oh, we almost forgot to say it! On 4 okay!" "No! Its on 3!"

"1!"

"2!"

"3!"

"Happy birthday Dabi!" They say.

Yeah, Happy Birthday to me.