Ch. 26: Change my mind

After last night the day flew by in the blink of an eye. Before I knew it the stars were out and the day was coming to a close. The entire day I was dreading the thought of Dabi's call. What the hell did he expect me to even say to him? This is all too sudden to make a big decision like this. Why would he a-.
Suddenly theres a knock on my door and I get up to anwser it.

"Who is it?"

"Its me honey."

His voice was a whisper and he sounded worried of being caught outside of my door, so, I hurried and let him inside. "Hey dad, what brought you over so late?"

After he finally got inside he took a deep breath and sighed, composing  himself. Then he looked up at me quickly and upset. "Why is it that I hear that you and two boys snuck out of school grounds yesterday!?"

Oh. So thats why he was here.

I roll my eyes and walk past him to flop onto my bed. "Look I was only feeling stuffy being stuck at school. I just wanted to get out," I shrugged and started playing on my phone, I really dont feel like dealing with this right now. "Plus I wasnt even with the boys, they went and snuck out all on their own. I had no control over what ever it was that they did."

Dad clicks his tounge and rubs his forehead between his eyes."Then why can't I believe you? Those boys arent the type to just sneak out, unlike youve done many times in the past. Also you're telling me they had nothing to do with you? Im sorry, just cant believe it."

I put down my phone and quickly sat up, hurt and pissed. "And why is it that you cant believe me, huh!? Because you trust two random boys that you've know for barely a year over your own daughter!? Damn dad, that really hurts." I quickly stand and grab my bag from yesterday off the flood and open my door. "Its not curfew yet so im going out, dont worry, im not leaving school grounds... Oh damn, wait a minute," I turn around and face Dad who is only angrily watching me. " it doesnt matter what the hell I do, you wont believe me anyway." I throw my bag over my shoulder and leave Dad who was only watching me go without saying anything.

I stormed down the hall pissed, tears stinging my eyes. I just want to get away from here, away from him. He never thinks about how others feel, he only cares about what he thinks is 'right' not what could actually be the truth. A man for the people? The fucking number one hero? You dont even give a damn about your own child. Im sick of it, I just want to get away from it all.

Later I would wish he had said something to me before I left, maybe I couldve had a clearer thoughts when I did it.

Maybe he could've changed my mind.

A/N
Im so sorry this chapter is so short but the next one will be longer, i just had to get something down so the story can continue. This book will be wrapping up soon, so be prepared for some type of big ending soon! So, until next time, in chapter 27
(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤