Ch. 16: Arrival

Because I was thrown off the damn cliff, I was the one to get a head start to get to the camp. I was all alone in the forest, not sure if I was even going the right way. I can hear loud explosions in the distance. Must be Katsuki, he's gonna burn down the whole damn forest if he keeps that up. I don't want to use my quirk much on the way there, only when I get too tired I'll use it to increase my endurance. I know I'll probably crash once it wears off but I guess it's worth it. It takes about an hour of running, stopping to find where I am, and slowly jogging to make sure I'm still on the right track, but, I eventually got there. I was one of the first people there too so I was a bit happy about that.

Katsuki wasn't here yet, so that means I beat him! Suddenly Katsuki came flying into the clearing and crash landed. "Wha-!" He scared the shit out of me! "What the hell Katsuki, have some control!" Katsuki stood out of the rubble and looked around like a mad man. "What's your deal?" After a minute of scanning the area he stopped, and looked a bit relieved. "Okay... whatever that was..."

Soon everyone made it there, I was still pissed a bit cuz Katsuki pretty much ignored me completely. Later, Aizawa told everyone to make dinner and I we all decided to make curry. I was stationed with the potato peelers. While I was over there I decided to chat with Iida, the entire time we spoke I felt as if we were being watched. Every five seconds I found myself searching for these eyes only to never find them. I would only find everyone cooking, and occasionally notice Katsuki furiously cutting veggies. At one point Uraraka had to tell him to stop because he was starting to cut too many.

Soon enough we all finished cooking and sat together and ate, I was one of the last ones in line, so once I got my bowl almost all of the seats were taken. I searched for a minute and saw that the closest seat open was one by Katsuki.

I set my bowl down and slid into the seat next to him. "Hey." I don't know why but things were a bit awkward, I didnt realize it at first, but I havent really talked to him much in this trip. "What have you been up to." I took a bite of my food and waited for a response. "The same thing as everyone else, training." I sigh aloud, I know that dumb ass, try to make some conversation. "Oh... thats cool I guess." For awhile I sit there silently eating until Katsuki makes a kind of 'Uh-' sound. "Hm? What's up?" He sits silently for a second and then groans aloud. "Ughhhh! What are you, a child?!" He quickly grabs a napkin and wipes my face, he does it in a way that from anyone elses position, it would look rough, but he was actually gentle.

I close my eyes and let him finish wiping, when I open them I see him paused, just looking at me. "...What? Did you get it?" He quickly sucks his teeth and turns away. "Shut the hell up, I got it all." I look at him confused but I hear snickering, when I look over Kaminari and Kirishima are making kissy faces at us. It doesn't take long for Katsuki to notice, he quickly stands, hands sparking, and is practically growling at the two of them. "You guys must have a death wish!" They both start laughing and take off running out the dining hall, Katsuki right on their tails. After everyone finished eating, the ones with remedial classes left to study and everyone else went to their rooms. Some decided to do some stupid test of courage, I believed I had enough courage so I decided to stay. About thirty minutes passed and it was getting a bit late but I still couldn't fall asleep so I decided to go for a walk.

The cool night air felt good on my face so I closed my eyes and listened to the sounds of the night, but it was interrupted when I heard footsteps of someone coming. I knew that if a teacher saw me out of my room that I'd be in big trouble so I ran and hid behind a pillar. The foot steps rounded the corner and stopped. "Oi, I can see your stupid arm poking out, stop hiding dumbass, I'm not a teacher." I immediately knew who it was with that response, I walked out and put my hands on my hips. "Damn you are so foul mouthed. You have the looks, if only you had the personality." I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath. "It's so nice, the night air I mean, its one of the few things that help me calm down." Katsuki took a deep breath as well and looked at the sky. "Yeah... I get what ya mean."

I decided to sit and Katsuki came and sat beside me, everything is so peaceful. I closed my eyes and leaned onto Katsuki and slowly drifted off to sleep. When I leaned on him I felt Katsuki stiffen up but slowly relax and let me lay on him.

I like this set up, I feel comfortable with him, I... I...

I like him.

But little did the two of them know, trouble was heading their way, and it would change everything.

A/N

heyoooo, I know Ive been gone for awhile. School is getting stressful especially with exams and SOL's coming, but I wanted to get something done. So to make up for it a bit I'll give u a fun fact about myself! Because the letter 'I' looks so much like a lowercase 'L' I thought Iidas name was *Lida* til like, yesterday XD, I'm so slow for that one.