Ch. 24: Dabi's Childhood

Dabi's POV & Flashback

The school called home again, I know I'm in trouble. Last time he told me it was gonna be worse if they called him one more time. My feet shuffle against the hot side walk and I stop in front of the gate. I stood there staring at the door handle, hands shaking, not wanting to open it. Then there was a loud crash from inside and my heart skipped a beat. My eyes stung with my hot tears and I ran inside only to be greeted with terror.

Mom was laying on the floor, umoving and blood staining her forehead. "M-MOM!!" I ran to her and dropped to my knees not even caring that I scrapped them. "Mom, Mom please open your eyes, are you okay!?" I cradled her head in my arms and brushed her hair out of the way see her face contorted in pain. "D-Dabi... baby... go to your room. D-don't worry about m-mommy...." My tears stung my cheeks and I hugged mom and stood to run to my room only to be smacked to the floor.

"You damn brat, why did the school call me again!? You are just like your mother, useless in every aspect. YOU BRING SHAME TO YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY!" Father struck me again and I slid across the floor causing my mother to scream. "NO, STOP THIS ENJI, HE'S ONLY A CHILD, YOUR CHILD!" Endevor scoffed and picked up my mother by her hair making her wriggle in pain. "That failure... Is not my child."

It was as if the world went silent, I couldn't hear anything. It felt as if my thoughts were screaming at me. I'm a failure, I can't do anything right. Who would want a child like that? I must be the cause of mom's suffering too.Is there really any point to me being here? No, that's right, there is no point in me being here.

Father's words were like a revelation for me. There was no point in me being here, my existence was only to cause trouble, brining misery, destruction to all those around me. I slowly stood, my eyes dead, without a care in the world. "You are right Endevor... I'm not your child as you are not my father." My words infuriated him, he threw mother to the side and made his way over to me. "You insolent child, how were you disrespect ME, the greatest hero!?" He swung at me and I burst into a bright blue flame. "GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME, YOUR A FAILURE OF AS A FATHER AND A FAIURE OF A SECOND RATE HERO." My flame made Endevor stumble back a bit. For a minute he was silent, but then he began to chuckled to himself.

"You think your puny flames could do anything?" The statue of a man burst into laughter and shot fire at me. My first instint was to brace for impact, but it never came, his flame was absorbed into my own. The man stood stunned for a moment until his face grew an enormous grin. I had never seen him smile, especially like that. "THAT'S IT BOY, THAT'S AMAZING, YOU WILL BE MY SECOND PROTÉGÉ!"

This old fool expects me to believe that?! Ha. How idiotic can he be? I went silent for a moment,just thinking of what Endevor said, then slowly I began laughing, louder and louder. "HAHAHAHAHAHA..... Haaaaa, you know what old man, I never thought that you could make jokes, really surprised me there." I shook my head and ruffeled my hair getting more and more pissed off by the second. My flames grew wilder to the point of no return, with me in the middle of it all.

My flames began to catch on the wall, I was no longer in complete control. My skin all over my body began to burn, flaking up and peeling off by the second, I ignored it all, my entire focus was on the man who stood before me. His grin now completely gone and was stating down on me with a deadly glare. "You know what old man... fuck off." As if on que my flames grew in all directions, Endevor quickly scooped up my mother and moved from harm's way, his eyes never once leaving me as he left the house. My home was burning to the ground and there was nothing I could do. All of my siblings were still at school and the only other one with the power to put out the fire was unconscious.

All I could do was watch as everything around me was destroyed and it was all my own doing. I took a few steps back and the ceiling gave out collapsing the doorway. My only escape was the back door behind me which I used to get out as it also collapsed behind me. Once out I made my way to the forest behind our estate. I looked back on what was my home only to see nothing but my flames light up the sky as the sun was setting. It was beautiful.

I backed into the woods slowly and left with no one to stop me. "Good by mother, take care of yourself and my siblings." Their faces ran through my mind and I paused on one. He was the only one who could fight Endevor, and stand up for all of us, but he's too young now. "Grow up, and kick his ass... for all of us." And I disappeared, never returning again.

Flash back forward

"After that I met up with some guy, he gave me a place to stay. He took care of me and never asked for anything in return. He was more of a father to me than my real father ever was. Then he introduced me to some people, they were with the league of villains but I could care less. I just want to repay the favor, the kindness he's shown over the years, I want him to know how much it means to me." I looked up at Y/N who was silently listening. For a moment she at only studied my face, not saying anything and then she stood up and walked over to me and with no warning, embraced me.

"I'm not going to apologize about what happened when you were younger. It was a terrible thing but apologising won't change a thing, but..." She trailed off midsentence and sniffles. "But, I'm sorry I wasn't there and someone you could talk to." Her voice was barely a whisper as she slightly trembled while holding. For a moment I hesitated but slowly I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her back.

"No, I'm sorry, it's not your fault, if there were anyone I would tell.... it would be you." She pulled away, eyes red and puffy from crying, and smiled. "I'm glad." Looking down at her smiling face brought a bad feeling to my stomach. I don't want to do this, I'm so sorry Y/N.

A/N
First, little note but Dabi is older by 2 years, he was only metin the hall and when skipping. So it is shown that he is older, just in case anyone is confused.
Also, It makes me really happy and excited to post new chapters when I get a notification of someone adding the book to their reading list. And I know there are probably more people but I noticed one who had been reading every chapter everytime I update.
@athinatorres1
I just wanted to say Thank You to y'all for reading, it really makes me happy. Anyway, I'll try to update as soon as possible, until next time.😉✌