Ch. 38: Welcome back

It's been a couple of weeks since I've been admitted into this hospital. They've kept me here for awhile longer than normal to make sure I was able to walk again and fully healthy. Now, today is finally the day I get to head back to the dorms. The fact that I'm finally getting out of here fills me with so much excitement and dread.

Excitement for the fact that I'm finally out of that hospital bed and get to see everyone again at school. But that also scares me, seeing them again. How are they going to react to seeing me again after everything that happened? Are they going to treat me different because I made the choice that I did? Im not going to make any excuses, I know what I did and own up to it, but god is that a scary thing to do. They might take it as me not caring or reflecting on at all.

I sigh heavily and grab my blazer and bag and head out the door to the school. Dad let me know before he left that I have to head to the front office before I can go to the classroom. Which is just spectacular because bow I will be late and everyone will stare at me when I walk in.

The walk to the school was long enough for my mind to go through a million different scenarios of how everyone will react to seeing me again, most of them end terribly... BUT OH WELL! Im screwed either way.

I finally reach the school and head to the office full of all the pro heros that probably feel like I betrayed them. I had to Mr.Aizawas desk and silently stand there until he is done with whatever he is typing. "Alright, I'm done, follow me." He stands abruptly and we head out the office to a conference room. At the table sits the principal Nezu, Dad, Midnight, Present Mic, and Vlad king. Im guessing the last seat is for Mr.Aizawa and so I stand at the front of the table as he takes a seat leaving all eyes glued to me.

For a moment there was a long moment of silence and only the sound of a few papers shuffling. The finally Principal Nezu smiles at me, placing his papers down, and rests his hands on his paws. "So, before we get into the thick of things, I'd like to say, we are all glad that you came back to us safe Y/n. Truly." I look around at the other teachers and notice their small nods and brief reassuring smiles.

"I'm glad to be back sir." I smile meekly and look down to my shoes.
"Not for long!" Present Mic shouts with a laugh rewarding him with the glares of the other teachers, he clears his throat awkwardly and quiets back down. Principal Nezu simply sighs and continues, "We wont be doing this now but after classes today you will be going over the entirety of your time gone with Teacher Aizawa. For now, we will being going over your punishment and the changes that were decided while you were gone." I nod, I can only imagine the many punishments they have for their little run away.

"First, as of next week you as well as your classmates will now be required to receive confirmation from your homeroom teacher before you are allowed to leave school grounds. If it is found that you leave without permission, disciplinary action will be taken, in your case, expulsion." A long pause was left to allow emphasis on his words, I'll be completely kicked out if this happens, no second chance. "That was the only important change that happened, now for your punishments."

Principal Nezu continued on for 20 minutes simply explaining all the things I'll have to do. Cook breakfast in the dorms for a week, clean the school roof, classroom clean up for the month, garbage duty, as well as trash clean up around the school for a month. I feel exhausted just thinking about it not to mention the printout of my chores and a check list for each that will need to be signed by the teacher each day. There goes any thought of free time for extra training.

"I only have one question Y/n," Mr.Aizawa says, pulling my from my thoughts as we walk through the empty hall to the classroom. "Why did you do it?" He looks over at me with his tired eyes and I sigh. "I... I know one of the people who were on their side, I was hoping... truly hoping I could find a place where I belonged with him who I consider a dear friend. Or at least convince him to join us, I half way succeeded, he's no longer with them but I don't think he'll ever join us... not with some people present in this school." I take a deep breath as to not let my emotions get me crying in the hallway and look Mr.Aizawa in the eyes. "I will never make a mistake like joining them ever again. They are sick, twisted, and demented. I could never understand the ideals or get along with such people as Shigaraki."

Mr.Aizawa nods silently as we finally reach the classroom door, them places his hands on my head, ruffling my hair a bit. "Don't tell the others but I might actually like you a bit, so don't screw up like that again. I might also miss you if you get kicked out." Mr.Aizawa shoots me a small smile before opening the classroom door. "Go ahead and take your seat." He says as I walk in with my head down, fearing and kind of a glare I might revive with making eye contact with the others.

Just as I was about to reach my seat I feel two arm wrap around me, stopping me in place. "You idiot." Mina says, her voice a broken whisper as she fails to hold back any tears making me struggle to hold back my newly forming ones. Just then too more pairs of arms wrap around me and I see Momo and Kirishima. "I'm so glad you are alright Y/n." Momo says as Kirishima doesn't even try to hold back his tears, lifts us all of the floor in his embrace, making my whole mask crumble. "You guys!" I cry as I hug them and others run up to grab us in a big crying mess that Mr.Aizawa doesn't even try to silence.

After a moment of us all bawling like babies Mr.Aizawa decided that he's had enough and sends us back to our seats. "Now that you all have gotten that out for your system, lets begin with the theory of how quirks manifested."

A/n
Gosh I wrote dang near all of this in one go, I wanted to make sure i out something out since I was starting to get down in the dumps again right after I decided to continue this. But I hope you guys are as glad as I am for this continuing and im thankful to everyone who was actually waiting and let me know you were still here for the next chapter. It really gave me alot of motivation to continue and I'm very grateful 😊. OKAY now that the mushy stuff is out the way I hope u liked the chapter, ill try to update more but with work and life and my nonexistent attention span, its a bit hard😅. SO until next time!