Ch. 8: This Sucks

Right after school I immediately went home, tired from such a hectic day. " I'm home~!" Once again the house was empty. I went into dads room and found a 20 dollar bill on his table, so, I decided to order some Chinese food. I deserve this after the hellish day I've been through, and its all because of the bad mood dad put me in this morning. Plus I was really craving some fried rice.

Soon after I got my food dad came in and noticed me eating. " You took my money didn't you?" he eyed the pint of rice I had in front of me. "After the hard day I've had, I truly deserve this hard earned meal." Dad grabbed the extra fork from the bag and stole a bite of my rice. "Ah! My food!!" He only chuckled at my over dramatic cry about my lost bite.

"I'm all ears if you would like to tell me about what made your day so hard." Dad's smile was slightly concerned and completely laced with care. He makes it so hard to stay mad at him when he shows his care so openly. "... Dad, can I ask you something?" I peeked up at him to see how his reaction to my question will be. "You can ask me anything sweetheart." He only continued to show his caring smile. Well, that was until he heard my question.

" Why do you hide information about your condition from me? It's not like I don't already know wh-" Before I could finish my sentence he cut me off. "I don't wish to worry you over something like my health. I'm completely fine, there is no need to worry about me." The same as usual, he always does this. " Why do you keep doing this!? Why do you always shut me out? Is it because I'm not your actual child? Do you think I don't care about your health when you are the one who raised me!?"

This hurts. It hurts when he shuts me out. Like I'm an outsider to something so important. "Sweetheart, you know that's not what I mean." I don't want to hear it. I don't want to deal with this.

I run past him and quickly out the door slamming it behind me, ignoring his pleas for me to come back. After getting a good distance from my house, I slowly walk down the sidewalk, staring down at my sneakers with each step. Its cold, and I forgot my jacket. My phone was in my jacket pocket so I can't call anyone and stay with them, so I'll just have to go back home soon. Just when I was about to give up and go home I spot a small park and decide to sit on the swing.

"Haaa... Why do the stupid things always happen to me?" I close my eyes and lean back on the swing only to bump into something hard and warm. "Hm?" I open my eyes to see Bakugou looking down at me confused. "Ah!" I jumped out of the swing and fell onto the mulch surprised at his sudden appearance.

"What the hell, can't you at least say when your there? Its late at night, what if my first instinct was to start swinging!? Gosh!" I sit on the ground trying to catch my breath as Bakugou quietly stares at me, studying my expression. "What, I know I'm hot but there is no need to stare." 

Once again, silence

Then suddenly he removes his coat and puts it around my shoulders. "Its cold out, why did you run away from home without at least a jacket." His voice was annoyed but still calm. Wait. How did he know I ran away? "How did you know that? So now you're a pervert and a stalker?" I chuckle at my own joke and he rolls his eyes, he's not as loud as usual... I wonder why? "So, why did you run the hell away from home? Being bratty again like earlier?" Ugh, no matter how calm he may seem Bakugou is still the same randomly sweet asshole Bakugou.

Wait. 'sweet'?

I Ignore my thoughts and stand up from the mulch that I, for some odd reason, was still sitting in. "Thanks for the jacket, I'll return it to you tomorrow at school. I should be getting back home so... bye." I turned and began to walk away when I felt a hand grab my arm. "Oi, I didn't fucking say you could take it." 

"What, then why the hell did you give it to me? I swear, my night is already going bad enough with my secretive father always keeping shit from me! I just-..." I cant finish my sentence before my words start becoming broken and my eyes tear up. " I just- I just-" I begin to rub the tears out of my eyes when Bakugou pull me onto his chest. "What the hell... everything is getting so stupid."

After crying for a second I wiped my eyes and took a step back from Bakugou's chest. It's really embarrassing to cry on a classmates shirt, I might've got a bit of snot on there too. "One sec, I'll give you your jacket." Bakugou looked down at his shirt and noticed the snot from when I was crying. "Damn, you got snot on it, that's fuckin' nasty." It'd be him to find a way to make himself look like an ass after doing such a nice thing for me. "No one told you to fucking pull me in to cry on you!" 

"Whatever, just keep it, you can have the jacket." Then he suddenly turns and starts walking away. "W-wait, what do you mean 'Keep it'?  I can't just keep your jacket!" He stops for a second and yells to me. "I wont take it if you bring it with you to school! Just keep the damn jacket!" After that, no matter how I called out to him he ignored me and went home. So I ended up going home in his jacket.

When I opened the door the living room was dark and it seemed like dad went to his room. I decided to try to sneak back into my room. Then, the light suddenly flicked on and dad was sitting on the couch waiting for me. "Whoa! What the heck dad, why are you sitting in the dark like a maniac!? You scared the soul out of me!" 

"Do you know what time it is? What time it was when you left!?" Dad usually never gets this mad when I walk out. "Where have you been? What happened earlier was something serious, I wanted to sit down and talk with you. I seriously thought you were becoming more responsible since you started school, but I might have been mistaken." 

Wow, that last line really hurt. "I was with a friend so I wasn't in any type of danger." "I hope it wasn't that boy with the blue flames that you were around in middle school. I'd never say that a child is bad but he needs some... guidance before he gets hurt or hurts someone else." I better correct him before he turns this into a lecture about him again. 

"No dad, I was with someone else." I can only sigh at the situation. "I'm tired and I have school in the morning so I should really get some sleep." I start walking away and fake yawning to show how 'tired' I am. " Yes, you need sleep, but before you go. You are grounded." I stopped dead in my tracks. "What!? Why, I came back didn't I?" Dad only shook his head. "You still ran out the house at 11 at night! I didn't want to do this but you've left me no choice. Go to your room and good night."

I was at a loss of words so all I did was angrily grunt and stomp off to my room and slam the door. I flopped on my  bed and quickly fell asleep, due to all of my thoughts tiring me out. 

The last thought I had before drifting off to sleep was, ' This sucks.'

A/N

This time I tried to put more drama into it but I feel like I kinda failed. Next I plan to have the  villains show up at the class trip to that training facility! So make sure you read the next chapter when I update it. Which may be some time soon! Then I'll really get to show off your quirk!