Ch. 11: Just Beginning

After the training course we were given a few days off. Dad ended up taking me out with him to meet Midoriya. Even though we're in the same class, but he was super persistent so I couldn't say no. So, we all met up at the mall, dad was in his deflated form so he wasn't recognised by anyone.

"Wow! I never knew you had a kid All Might! And for too! It'll be nice to finally get to know you Y/N, even though we're in the same class it feels a bit hard to approach you. Well, with how Kacchan is always bothering you and you end up arguing. Hehe..." I chuckle a bit at his slight nervousness, it's cute. "Well, he does know how to pick a fight. Also, it's cute that you call him Kacchan, have you guys known eachother that long?" Midoriya only smiles gently, even though they don't really get along, it obvious that he truly cares about him. "Yeah, me and Kacchan here up together, since preeschool. W-we were kind of good friends when we were younger. I-I guess." I smile at him, it's nice to have a childhood friend... I just wonder where mine went...

"I had a childhood friend too but... he has a diffrent idea on how he should go about things. Like what I should do with his future." I only sighed and shook my head."It's sad to think about him, at first we met at school, he always kept to himself but I was still somehow able to get him to be friends with me. Then as we got older he... he just... he changed. He started doing dangerous things and then one day he hurt someone, really badly. Dad got worried about how I might start picking up on that, and rightfully so, he decided that until he changed for the better, I should keep my distance. So I haven't seen him since 7th grade."

I tried not to show a dad face but I guess Midoriya saw right through me, because suddenly, he pulled me in for a hug. "Don't worry, I'm sure he's fine and going to school to be a hero just like us!" His hug was very warm and comforting,but dad didn't like how close we were getting. "Okay, okay, I want you two to become close but not too close.." He said as he slowly pushed us appart, causing Midoriya to turn beet red. "I-I wasn't- I mean, I-I didn't!" Midoriya began trying to explain himself while frantically waving his arms around. "It's my choice who I like, dad!" I joked as I wrapped my arm around Midoriya's shoulder, only causing him to turn a deeper shade of red.

"W-wait, Y/N!?" He turned and looked at me so confused, which made me laugh so hard that my stomach started to hurt. "Oh my gosh! Your face, I'm sorry Midoriya! I was only teasing, I hope you don't take it too seriously!" I wiped a year out of my eye and Midoriya quietly chuckled. "You should see your face too." Then we both began to laugh out loud.

The afternoon ended quicker than expected and Midoriya was already leaving.He didn't want his mom to worry and she was making his favorite meal for dinner so he didn't want to be late. "Bye Midoriya, have a nice dinner!" He smiled and waved good bye and was quickly gone. Tomorrow we had school so it wasn't like it was going to be forever til I see him next. He's fun so I like being around him, I'll probably be hanging out with him more often. Without dad being around of course, that way we can do more.

(Le time skip to the next Morning)

"Things are far from over yet..." Everyone was on the edge of their seats wondering what he might mean. "The villains are coming back!?" "We have to fight them again!?" "But we just fought them!" Then Aizawa finally spoke up. "We have the UA sports festival," It looked as if everyone literally deflated with relief. "This is very serious, the entire world will be watching so you must try your absolute best. The whole world will be watching you, especially other pro hero's." Most of the class gasped, wow, the hero's will be watching us. I was pumped, I'll finally get some action! I was mostly protected by Kirisima and Bakugou at the training, now its my time to shine!

That week I trained my butt off! Every morning I woke up early and ran, first 1 mile away from home, then 2 miles to school. Then I would shower in the locker room so I wouldn't stink. After school I'd run to the gym and work out there. On the weekend I practiced training my quirk on the beach. That next Monday I was completely ready and hyped too.

"Everyone board the bus, make it quick, I want to get there soon." Everyone excitedly followed Aizawas request and piled into the bus. Everyone was excitedly chatting but I say silently. My nerves were getting the best of me. What if I failed in the first part? What if I'm embarassed in front of the whole world? Or at least everyone watching. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder, I look up and see Midoriya had scooted into my seat beside me.

"Don't worry Y/N we're all going to do great! Especially you, y-you've been training hard for this s-so you'll probably do the best in the class!" Even though he was trying so hard to put on a brave face and encourage me his hands were shaking. It was like my body moved on my own and I hugged him. At first he stiffened up but slowly hugged back. "I'm sure you'll do amazing too, after all, my dad saw potential in you especially." I felt him begin to relax so I let him go. When I looked at his face he had a blush going across his cheeks which made me smile which he returned with one of his own.

Then from the seat behind Kirishima leaned in between us with a huge grin on his face. "... what's up??" I was very confused, and kinda uncomfortable, by how idiotic his smile was. "So... is there a 'thing' going on here~? Between the two of you is what I mean." Midoriya blush grew a deeper shade of red. "W-what!? W-what made you t-think that?!" Midoriya's attempts to diffuse the situation only made things worse and mostly hillarious. After about a minute of Kirishima's questioning I was able to calm down and stop laughing. "Okay! Whew! So no, there is no thing between us. He just a good friend, I was helping me out cuz I'm nervous." Kirishima only squinted at us in disbelief. I was about to tell him again when he was grabbed by the collar and pulled back into his seat. "She fucking said that aren't, leave then the hell alone."

I peaked over the seat to see that it was Bakugou. He looked up and a made eye contact, it was as if I couldn't look away and was stuck in place. We both just say there looking at each other when suddenly Midoriya taps my side. "Are you okay Y/N? You just froze there for awhile"
"O-oh. I'm fine." I turn around and sit back down and all I hear behind me is a 'tch'.

Not long after we all arrive at the sports festival. We could see the stands already filling up and the reporter's were recording is getting off the bus. "Wow, it's like we're famous!" Mina whispered in my ear so she wasn't heard. "Yeah, this is so exciting!" "Enough chitchat, go stretch things will be starting soon." Everyone in unison said "Yes sir~!" Then we all ran off in seprate directions. This is anazing, but little did we know, things were
just beginning.

A/N
I plan to post the next chapter, just gotta do a few checks to make sure autocorrect didn't change any words.