Ch. 33: Big News

The next morning I awoke feeling as if I had only gotten an hour of sleep. "Ugh, what the hell..." My back was screaming at me for laying in place all day, and I struggled to move. I stretch slowly trying not to agitate my stitches, I attempt to move my arm behind my back to crack it only to feel my skin stretch and stitches pull. "AcK-!" I quickly freeze in place. "Oh shit..." I slowly move back, gritting my teeth feeling my wound relax and finally sigh once I'm straight again.

"Need some help?" I look up to see Katsuki leaning against the doorway, his arm wrapped in a sling. "For fucks sake, don't look at me like that... You look 10 times worse." Katsuki trailed off, his face softening as he walked over to me and wiped a single tear off my cheek. "I'm fine, there's no reason to cry... idiot." He said in a voice barely a whisper.

In that moment my feelings hit me like a brick wall and my throat tightened and my eyes filled. "Its my fault... I'm sorry...If only I stayed out of the way- actually thought for once, then- then you wouldn't have-..." Katsuki quietly stood beside my bed gently laying his hand on the top of my head while I cried. It felt as if time stood still, me there crying my heart out and his caramel scented hands warming the top of my head. After my sobs died down to sniffling I finally spoke again. "You smell good hehe." I chuckle slightly trying to brighten my mood a bit but my face immediately falls.

"Don't blame yourself idiot, I'm fucking fine and what I did was my decision." Katsuki turned away, I could no longer see his expression, and crossed his arms. "Just be happy your ass is fine." I could tell it took a lot for Katsuki to say this, he may have tried to hide it but his ears were bright red, I could only smile softly at him and chuckle, what a dork. "The hell?" He turns around quickly only to catch me trying hard not to laugh. "What's so fucking funny?"

Him asking only made it harder to keep a straight face and I began to laugh aloud. "So my ass is fine, huh?" Katsuki rolled his eyes only making me laugh harder. "Ah- shit." Once again I lean forward and hold my side and next feel Katsuki pushing my head back onto the pillow. "Get some rest, moving around will only make your wound hurt. I sigh and nod, I'll definitely use my quirk later to heal myself quicker, I cannot deal with this pain.

"I'll lay down for now but only if you go on a walk with me later, so promise me you'll come." Katsuki looked back at me while sucking his teeth. "For fucks sake, you are needy..." He paused for a moment looking and I only smiled innocently at him. "Whatever, fucking dumbass." He turns away and heads out the room with his ears once again glowing red. I could only giggle once he shut the door.

Now that I was alone I laid back and sighed staring out of the window. "I'm glad everyone is safe..." I watched the clouds float slowly in the sky and somehow drifted off to sleep once again. When I was asleep I dreamed of nothing, until I woke feeling someone watching me. When I opened my eyes I saw the figure of a man standing over me, the setting sun behind him blocking out his face, and my heart sank.

Well damn, this is how a bitch is about to go out, huh?

Killed fresh out of her sleep, ain't that sweet.

"Y/n, you're awake." When I heard the voice I felt as if I couldn't breathe. My breath hitched and my eyes welled up as I tried with all my strength to hold the tears back. "Holy shit, you asshole why would you scare me like that." Just hearing his voice again made the tears in my eyes sting. "For fucks sake Dabi." My voice cracked and I sat up as he leaned down and hugged him. "I'm sorry." He said, his voice barely a whisper. "You should be. I swear, I'm gonna kill that ashy, dirty, flea ridden bastard." I grunted feeling my face heat up from anger.

"I'm not with them anymore."

For a moment there was only silence. 

I slowly pulled away from the hug and looked Dabi in the eyes completely shocked. "A-are you serious?

A/N

Sorry for the long wait for the update, I haven't really been motivated to write anything lately and with school work piling up and me failing one of my classes with this being my senior year is hella stressful. BUUUUT I love reading the comments on this and seeing people actually looking forward to updates, so after reading a comment yesterday I finished this chapter that I had already started nd am posting it. ❤ Enjoy~~!

Also this was lowkey kinda rushed so I when I one day finish this and maybe decide to rewrite it or edit everything things may be changed!