It Ends With Us

Genre : Contemporary

Pages : 384

Published : Aug 2, 2016

Goodreads rating : 4.4

Trigger warning : Abuse, rape

My personal rating : 4/5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

My favorite quote from the book : "Just because we didn't end up on the same wave, doesn't mean we aren't still a part of the same ocean."

Description :

Sometimes it is the one who loves you who hurts you the most.

Lily hasn't always had it easy, but that's never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She's come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up-she graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily's life suddenly seems almost too good to be true.

Ryle is assertive, stubborn, maybe even a little arrogant. He's also sensitive, brilliant, and has a total soft spot for Lily. And the way he looks in scrubs certainly doesn't hurt. Lily can't get him out of her head. But Ryle's complete aversion to relationships is disturbing. Even as Lily finds herself becoming the exception to his "no dating" rule, she can't help but wonder what made him that way in the first place.

As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan-her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened.

NON-SPOILER SECTION

Colleen Hoover's books never interest me, but I decided to check this one out last year because I heard it's different from her other books. And I'm glad I did. It's inspiring especially for women who go through what Lily is going through in this book.

I think Lily is a pretty relatable and likable main character. In one of the first few chapters she looks up at the sky and thinks "I love it when the sky makes me feel insignificant." and I agreed 100%. I also related to her when it came to her love for gardening lol

The reason I didn't give it 5 stars is a spoiler so I'll talk about that later.