The Invisible Life of Addie Larue

Genre : Historical Fantasy

Pages : 480

Published : Oct 6, 2020

Goodreads rating : 4.4

Trigger warning : Death, starvation, payment for sexual acts, recreational and self-mediating drug use, emotional manipulation, attempted suicide, depression, and violence.

My personal rating : 4/5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

My favorite quote from the book : "If a person cannot leave a mark, do they exist?"

Description :

A Life No One Will Remember. A Story You Will Never Forget.

France, 1714: in a moment of desperation, a young woman makes a Faustian bargain to live forever and is cursed to be forgotten by everyone she meets.

Thus begins the extraordinary life of Addie LaRue, and a dazzling adventure that will play out across centuries and continents, across history and art, as a young woman learns how far she will go to leave her mark on the world.

But everything changes when, after nearly 300 years, Addie stumbles across a young man in a hidden bookstore and he remembers her name.

NON-SPOILER SECTION

This is one of my favorite books of 2020. It was so damn hyped I just had to check it out. I think the idea was absolutely genius and it was written so beautifully.

And it made me think, if you know what I mean (I love it when a book can do that) The whole time I read it I was thinking about what it would feel like to be forgotten by everyone.

Addie Larue has made a deal with the 'darkness' and now she's cursed and the moment she steps out of someone's sight they forget her.

At first I honestly thought "that would be nice" but as I kept reading and reading I kind of started appreciating all the people in my life and the fact that I can form relationships with people

At first I honestly thought "that would be nice" but as I kept reading and reading I kind of started appreciating all the people in my life and the fact that I can form relationships with people. It's something that most of us take for granted but through this story we see how devestated she is and how depressing it would be to live all those years completely alone, which makes us understand the importance of loved ones.