Kill Creek

Genre : Horror, Paranormal

Pages : 400

Published : Oct 31, 2017

Goodreads rating : 3.8

My personal rating : 5/5 stars! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

My favorite quote from the book : "“Funny thing about rumors,” Sebastian said softly. “It doesn’t matter if they’re true or false, only that people believe them.”"

Description :

At the end of a dark prairie road, nearly forgotten in the Kansas countryside, is the Finch House. For years it has remained empty, overgrown, abandoned. Soon the door will be opened for the first time in decades. But something is waiting, lurking in the shadows, anxious to meet its new guests…

When best-selling horror author Sam McGarver is invited to spend Halloween night in one of the country’s most infamous haunted houses, he reluctantly agrees. At least he won’t be alone; joining him are three other masters of the macabre, writers who have helped shape modern horror. But what begins as a simple publicity stunt will become a fight for survival. The entity they have awakened will follow them, torment them, threatening to make them a part of the bloody legacy of Kill Creek. 

NON-SPOILER SECTION

First of all, I love that cover aaaaaaah

This book is freaking awesome dude just read it lol

I loved the concept, I loved the characters, I loved the thrill

I loved the concept, I loved the characters, I loved the thrill. It's honestly the kind of book that reminds me why I love the genre in the first place.

When I found out it's about four influential horror authors spending Halloween night in a haunted house, I was like sign me up!! And I was glad I decided to read it because it's truly a very unique haunted house story.

I love that it's not told through only one pov, because we get to find out what each of them are thinking in a single chapter.

I was surprised to find out this is the author's first book!