Visionary

"You know how the Argent's and the Hale's have always had a history. Well one of the first times Derek saw them, they shot an arrow through someone's neck" I said, watching Stiles grimace. "But Peter found Derek and the two of them managed to escape to a place in the woods"

"They were there for two days, waiting, hiding" Cora said.

"That's what we're taught to do when the hunters find us hide and heal" I said.

"Okay, so is two days standard, then, or are we thinking Derek's on, like, some extended getaway?" Stiles asked.

I turned to look at him with a frown.
"Why do you care?"

"Why do I care? Let's see because over the last few weeks, my best friend's tried to kill himself. His boss nearly got ritually sacrificed. A girl that I've known since I was three was ritually sacrificed. Boyd was killed by alphas. I-do you want me to keep going? 'Cause I can, all right? For, like, an hour" Stiles practically yelled.

"You think Derek can do anything about that?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Well, since he's the one everyone seems to be after, it's more like he should do something about it, yeah" Stiles sassed.

"I don't know. There's something different about him now. He wasn't like this when we knew him" Cora said.

"What was he like?" Stiles questioned.

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and looked over to see my Uncle. "A lot like Scott, actually. A lot like most teenagers unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really only to other teenagers" He said.

Stiles frowned. "And so what happened? What changed him?"

"Well, the same thing that changes a lot of young men. A girl" My uncle replied.

"You're telling me some girl broke his little heart? That's why Derek is the way he is?"

"Do you remember Derek before he was an Alpha? Had blue eyes? Do you know why some wolves have blue eyes?" Peter asked him.

"I just always thought it was, like, a genetic thing"

My uncle and I shared a look.

"If you want to know what changed Derek, you need to know what changed the colour of his eyes" Peter said.

~

"Okay, so if Derek was a sophomore back then, how old was he? How old were you? How old are you now?" Stiles rambled.

"Not as young as we could have been, but not as old as you might think" Peter replied.

"Okay, that was frustratingly vague" I commented.

"How old are you?" Stiles asked Cora.

"I'm 17" she replied.

"See, that's an answer. That's how we answer people" Stiles said, pointing to my sister.

"Well, 17 how you'd measure in years-" Cora started.

"All right, I'm just gonna drop it"

"What happened to Derek and the cello girl?" Stiles asked curiously.

"What do you think happened? They were teenagers. One minute, it's, 'I hate you, don't talk to me'. The next, it's frantic groping in any dark corner they could manage to find themselves alone for five minutes. Their favorite dark corner was an abandoned distillery outside of Beacon Hills"

"All right, hold up. How do you know all this? You just said that they were alone" I said, slightly weirded out by my uncle.

"Back then, I wasn't just Derek's Uncle. I was his best friend, his closest confidante. That's how I know"