《Chapter Eighteen》

[01/15/2046 - 12 : 00 AM : 3rd POV]

As Isabella was happily humming the babies to sleep, she smiled and gazed at the sight of her innocent children. Suddenly, she heard the sound of the grand father clock chiming at 12 AM. She went back to her office and took out a quill to start writing Ray's 'adoption' papers. She then walked towards her calendar, and crossed off January 14th with a smile.

"Happy birthday, Ray, and goodbye.." Isabella said to herself. All of the sudden, she heard the sound of screaming coming from somewhere. She went out from her room and went to investigate the sound, it was coming from the Dining Room. Once she opened up the doors of the room, she was greeted by a ton of smoke, a fire, and Emma crying.

"RAY!!!" Emma shouted.

"What is this awful smell?" Isabella wondered, covering her face from the flames and smoke. She then looked down to find a crying Emma, shouting Ray's name. "RAY!!!" Emma shouted once more. "Ray??" Isabella said confused. "Emma, what's the matter?" Isabella asked, kneeling down. "Mom! Help! Ray's in.. Ray's in there!!" Emma said as she teared up. 

Isabella analyzed Emma for any signs of lying, but she couldn't find any. She then opened up her pocket watch to see what Emma was saying was true. "He set himself on fire?!" Isabella said in bewilderment. She then turned back to the hallways to see Gilda wide and awake. "Mom!" Gilda called out. "Gilda! take the kids and babies from my room outside!" Isabella instructed.

"Okay!" Gilda followed. "If I can, I at least have to save the brain!" Isabella said, getting out a fire extinguisher. "Emma, stay back!" Isabella ordered, pushing her away as she started trying to extinguish the flames. "Ray.." Emma murmured, still looking at the fire. 

As Isabella used up all of carbon dioxide from the extinguisher, she threw the container into the ground and kept looking at the fire. "Why aren't the sprinklers working?" Isabella asked herself. "Emma, you'll need to get out of here too, or else you'll.." "Emma?" Isabella called out. She was left all alone in the dining hall, with Emma gone, she then checked her tracker, and saw that Emma's tracking device was in the nearby bathroom.

"Emma?" Isabella asked, but all she saw was a bucket in the bathroom. She checked her pocket watch again to confirm her location, and the star was still there. She walked closer to the bucket, and tipped it over, revealing a severed ear in the ground. She picked it up, to reveal the ear still dripping blood. 

She looked at the ear for a second, and suddenly, it hit her, she was tricked. She gritted her teeth at the sight of it. "We're those children, wearing their shoes?" Isabella asked. 

。。。。。。。。

As Isabella was busy trying to put out the fire, Emma was running as fast as she can through the forest, covering her cut out ear with a towel. Once she made it to the end of the forest, everyone looked back at her with joy. "Emma!!" Chris called out happily. "Thanks for waiting, everyone!" Emma thanked, with the other kids looking back at her happily.

【Earlier - 11 : 45 AM】。。。。。。。。。。

"Thank you all, thanks a lot, Emma and Luna." Ray said, dropping the matchstick. As he dropped the match stick, Luna dashed towards Ray swiftly, and caught the matchstick a few seconds before it hit the ground. 

"Good timing, ey?" Luna said, showing off the burnt matchstick with a grin. "What the?!-" "Sorry, but we have no intention of letting you die, and neither will Norman and the other kids." Emma stated. "Other kids-" Before Ray could ask, two sharp knocks were heard from the door, Emma went towards the door and found Thoma and Lannion with a box.