《Chapter Twenty Four - The Promise》

"Could you... tell us, please? what happened to human-kind? What's going on with the world?

。。。[1 : 45 AM - 3rd POV]。。。

"What are the demons"

"Why are there plantations?"

"What was happening to the world?"

Those were the questions that were bubbling inside Emma's head, she looked at Sonju and was hoping for him to give her answers.

"Nothing, nothing in particular." Sonju said, with Emma and Ray looking surprised. Luna turned back at Sonju with a nonchalant expression on her face, showing only a little bit of curiosity. "How did you even get the number '30 years?' The world has been like this since forever." Sonju said. Surprising the three even more.

"What do you mean by that? Sonju?" Emma asked. "If that's the case, then could it be that,, we aren't on earth after all?" Ray guessed. "That's a stupid guess, if this wasn't earth then where else would we be living? There's no known planet that's able to sustain life." Luna said.

"But think about it, Luna, it could also explain the unnatural ecosystem here-"

"Nope." Sonju blurted out, with Ray turning back to the demon. "What about the calendar then? Are the dates a lie too? Are we not actually in 2046?" Ray asked.

"Wrong again, it is precisely 2046, and we are living on planet earth. Well, according to human reckoning that is." Sonju answered.

"But then,, why? How?!" Emma asked. 

"I'll tell you the stories of old, back when the world was bigger than it is today." Sonju said, with everyone sitting on the ground to hear Sonju's 'stories.'

"It was a great world indeed, the farms didn't exist back then, and the earth was flourishing with human life, and the 'demons' could prey and feast on them whenever they wanted to. It was a type of food chain, some humans were scared of those who ate their kind, some worshiped them, and some became hunters to fight back." Sonju explained.

"Once the humans began to fight for their lives, they started murdering hundreds, if not thousands of demons, with the demons beginning to begrudge the human race, too." 

"An endless war ensued on both sides, which the two races living in terror and bloodshed. But finally, when both sides couldn't bear the destruction any longer, your side decided to uphold a peace treaty to us demons." 

"The treaty stated that the humans wouldn't hunt the demons, and the demons wouldn't hunt the humans either, and that the world would be split in two to stop the war from continuing on." Sonju continued, with Emma and Ray looking shocked on what Sonju told them.

"Yes, that's right, this all started because of that 'promise.' The deal was made so long ago, and you, plantation children, were a parting gift that was left by your ancestors when they fled from the 'demon side.' Which is where we all live now. So, in conclusion, you all never belonged here." 

"As for that 'promise' of there's, they were keeping you all as livestock, and that the 'plantations' institutions that were responsible for sustaining you, cattle children. For your plantation though, GraceField happens to be the most popular out of all the farms."

"I'm feel sorry for you cattle children, to be born in this side of the world." Sonju pitied. "So, there was really no place for us humans to live here, huh." Luna murmured to herself. 

"Ray..." 

"Emma.."

Suddenly, all the despair in the atmosphere was gone, with the two looking back at each other determinedly. "OH YES!! WE CAN DO IT!" Emma cheered happily.