《PROLOGUE》

──────────────────────────────

。。。。《09/22/2040 - 3rd POV》。。。。

──────────────────────────────

Reaching out towards the iron bars were four 6 year old orphans, who were gazing upon what seemed to be a dark, murky alley that led to somewhere.

"What's this?" Emma asked, grasping onto the cold metal bars that blocked them from going beyond the gate.

"Isn't it obvious, it's a gate." Ray answered. 

"Mama said that we shouldn't go beyond the gate." Norman reminded. 

"It doesn't really look that dangerous at all to be honest." Ray commented, looking back at the dark alleyway.

 "We'll be able to leave here once we grow up, right?" Emma asked the two toddlers beside her.

"How bad are you at remembering things, Emma?" Luna chuckled, landing her fist onto Emma's head. 

"OwWw!!" Emma yelped in pain.

A smirk etched up to the white-headed girl, seeing the expression of the ginger's pain made her snicker.

"I wonder... What is it that's keeping us from seeing the outside?" Norman pondered, gripping onto the steel bars that led into the hall.

"Don't be too curious Norman, you might end up regretting it once you're older." Luna warned. 

"What makes you say that?" Norman asked, turning back to his sister.

"It's like they always say, curiosity killed the cat." Luna compared.

"W-Wait! Curiosity can kill cats?!" Emma said in shock.

"No, you dummy! That was simply a metaphor, stop being so dense all the time Emma!" Luna said as she flicked Emma's forehead. 

"Well, you should stop being such a meanie, Luna!!" Emma whined, patting her ginger hair gently as she shook off the pain.

"I was just stating facts, right Norman?" Luna said, turning towards her counterpart.

"Don't drag me into this.." Norman sighed.

"Quit being such a wimp and start acting like a supportive brother!" Luna suggested. 

"You could try being more of a supportive sister yourself!" Norman giggled, his counterpart let out a hurtful gasp of surprise.

"I am a supportive sister! what do you mean?!" Luna exclaimed.

"More like a bully if you ask me-" "What was that, Emma?" Luna interrupted, pinching her cheeks with a hostile smile. 

"Ow OW owWW!!" Emma yelped as she tried getting Luna's hands off of her cheeks.

"Cuwt it ouwt wuna!!!" Emma pleaded as Luna kept pinching her cheeks even more. 

"Not untwil you say sowwy." Luna imitated in a mocking tone. 

"Alwight Alwight I'm Sowwyyy!" Emma apologized.

Hearing the apology from Emma, she then lets go of the ginger's cheeks in satisfaction.

"hmph! that's better." Luna said with pride. 

"You're so headstrong, Luna." Ray commented.

"Got a problem with that, cyclops?" Luna teased. 

"I'm not a cyclops." Ray retorted monotonously. 

"Hm, then explain why you only have one eye." The girl asked, flicking Ray's overgrown black bangs that covered half of his face.

"Oh! Never mind! You actually do have two eyes!" Luna noticed. With Ray giving her hand a good slap. 

"Ow! What was that for?!" Luna yelled as she rubbed her sore hand.

"Just felt like it." Ray shrugged nonchalantly. 

Luna then punched Ray on the arm, causing him to jerk away in pain. "What was that for?!" Ray asked, touching the spot Luna punched him on. 

"Like you said, just felt like it." Luna repeated with a grin, and with that, the two started a glaring competition, with both of their eyes zapping at the other. 

As the two were glaring at each other endlessly, Norman looked back at the enclosed gate, once again gazing upon the dark alley before them. 

What really did lie beyond the gate?