《Chapter Twenty - The Snakes of Alvar Pinera : Part 1》

『SPOILER WARNING! FROM THIS POINT ON THE STORY WILL CONTINUE WITH GOING ALONG THE EVENTS OF THE MANGA! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED』

[15/01/2046 - 3rd POV]

"They're nowhere to be found!" A demon reported.

"We speculate that they've already somehow escaped the plantation grounds." Another one guessed. "six low qualities, three average qualities, two good qualities, two high qualities, and three premium qualities! 16 in total, what an extraordinary loss!" Grandma counted.

"73584, what an unforgivable mistake on your part! Just why... this isn't like you at all! This isn't right, it's you we're talking about-" "No, this is entirely my fault, I apologize for the merchandise and their escape." Isabella interrupted.

"We've located footsteps around the north-eastern edge. Send individuals to go after the escapees as soon as possible." A demon stated, holding up their clipboard. "Inform the surrounding areas as well, we've got premium goods on the loose, and by that, I mean OUR premium goods." The demon continued.

"That is, if they're alive or not." 

"Let them know that we'll to provide due compensation for turning in the goods."

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

As the sound of the birds chirped through the sky, Emma and the other kids were navigating their way through the large, primeval forest. "Woah!!! So huge!!!" Don said in awe. "That's what they said, hehe." Luna whispered under her breath.

While they were venturing and gazing at the sight of the big forest, Ray and Emma were acting cautious and alert, looking left and right for any signs of danger.

"Make sure to be careful! And stick together!" Emma said as she pulled up Alicia. "We can do it guys! Keep moving!" Dominic encouraged, with the other kids panting in exhaustion. "They're all so sleepy, and tired.." Emma said to herself.

"Emma! We should take a break first before continuing on through this forest!" Don suggested. "Great idea!" Emma agreed. 

"Alright everyone! Let's all take a break first and eat breakfast!" Emma said happily, with the other kids cheering behind her. After that, Gilda and the other kids started to unpack their meals from their backpacks. "Make sure to not eat a lot all at once! We need to make sure our food lasts as long as possible!" Gilda stated.

"Emma, aren't you gonna eat with us?" Chris said, running over to Emma. "No thanks, I'll stand here and keep watch. So go back to eating with the others, okay?" Emma said, petting Chris' hair. "Okay!!!" Chris nodded happily, running back to the others.

"Heyo." 

"KYAA A A!!!! !" Emma screamed in surprise. The scream echoed through the forest, with Ray looking confused at her. "We're fine here." Ray blurted out, with Emma looking back at him with confusion.

"For the very moment at least, there's no sign of any predators roaming around here. I couldn't fine any droppings, remains, or footprints of what could lead to a hostile being." Ray added. "Go rest, Emma, I'll go keep watch in your place." Ray suggested, giving Emma a jar of water. 

Ray looked back at Emma before she went away, and looked at her bandaged ear at her left side. "I'm... sorry, Emma." Ray apologized, with Emma turning back to him in confusion. 

"If I had been part of your plan from the very start, maybe you wouldn't have had to lose your ear." Ray mentioned. 

"Oh, don't worry about it! I'm happy as long as your alive and well!" Emma said with a smile. "A few minutes ago, I also apologized to Anna as well, but... her response was kind of confusing." Ray said.