Chapter 22

It was a blur as Anges and Louie sped through Duckburg as traffic was light and passed through intersections and red light stops. Not even stopping for gas, food or anything that would be needed.

Soon, a small, raggedy alarm came from Agnes's phone. Louie turned on the phone and in small pixel letters said, Warrant for the arrest of Louie Duck.

"Ignore it." Agnes said as she passed a green light. "we'll be out of here in no time."

"Yeah, but they actually know!!" He yelled back as he now noticed that most of the city lights were dimming as they reached residential and rural neighborhoods. They jumped past speed limits and until they reached parks and forests with groves of trees and shrubs.

Soon the motorcycle began to slowly, but surely slow down even with Agnes's foot pushing deeper into the gas pedal.

"No. Oh darn it." She muttered as she began to slow down onto a nearby tree and tried slamming her heel onto the gas. "Out of gas."

A small buzz came from Agnes's radio as it ringed onto her pants.

"If I answer, they'll ask about you Louie. Ask if I have any tea. Listen, you know these parts better due to your thievery. You know where Webby is?"

"Yeah..."

"Good," she said. "Go get her and I'll see if I can get some alibis in for us. I'll come back to pick the both of you up."

"Yes ma'am." He said.

With no hesitation, he ran. No, Louie Duck never ran. What was he thinking??

He damn sprinted past trees and shrubs in his path, knocking some down in the process. Soon, a small ravine emerged and he rattled his brain while struggling to find it.

The pattern.

He began to organize them into patterns as a familiar burn came to his palm as it dropped from his hand. Soon, small flowers began to bloom and Louie darted to the boulder, without caring for seeing if the boulder now deemed him fit to pass.

The tower soon came into view again as he began to sprint the fastest he'd ever run before (and fast because the only time he ran was to get away from the law or perilous passages)

"Pinky!!!" He screamed as he came in front of the tower, bellowing her nickname. "Webby!! I'm sorry! I didn't abandon you! Whatever you think, I will be responsible for! Just please, let me explain to you!!"

Louie began looking for anything that he could use for climbing or to smash the stoney walls and find some type of passage. Soon, the top window opened.

"Louie?"

"Webby! I need to talk to you! Come down please!" He pleaded.

"How about I pull you up and you can talk to me up here. You owe me. You abandoned me." She replied.

It was odd, as Webby loved the grass down here and everything that reminded her of a world that had no boundaries. Perhaps she was hesitant again.

"Whatever. Just talk to me!" He yelled. "let down your hair."

A small pause as the door was widened and a wave of white hair was brought down to the earth. Louie began to grab a fistful of hair and began climbing up towards the sky as each step, meant a step closer to the long haired maiden.

As he reached the window, his grip loosened as he put a knee on the still and heaved his whole body into the tower, now a bit familiar, yet foreign to.

"Webby where are you?" He cried as he looked around. Even if Webby was mad at him, she wouldn't just replied and not showed up, even in the little time knowing him.

"You abandoned me." Went her voice.

"Webs. Look I'm sorry. What the Beagle Boys said, it wasn't true. They abducted us and I don't know what happened, but what they said wasn't true."

Another pause of silence as Louie got the ever more suspicious about the fact they weren't facing each other. Only her voice and a never ending trail of hair was there.

"Webby?"

"Over here!" She chirped.

First, she was mad, and now she was acting like it was just a misunderstanding.

Louie began to follow the trail of hair as it reached to a room, the curtains drapped in the front and inside, was something different.

Webby was there, conscious yet afraid of what was happening. Her bright blue eyes lighting up when she saw him, yet those lights began to blow out as they soon turned into terror. She began to fight her restraints as she groaned in her taped mouth.

"Mmmhh!! Lmn!!!"

"Webby!" He ran towards Webby, but as he ran, he felt himself paralyzed and still as he his stance was in running. He was in air as a woman approached next to him, her amber eyes piercing his own blue.

"You abandoned me Louie." She said, her voice exactly like Webby's, except her tone was more of a snarl than a bounce in demeanor.

"You took away something that belonged to me." She now said, no longer in Webby's voice, but in a shrill, narrow, and harrowing voice, presumably her own.

She now faced him, a smirk forming onto her face as grabbed something from underneath her skirts and struck a blow onto the duck's upper chest, near his heart

If it were like in slow motion, it did feel like it as Louie's face turned into pain as he clutched his chest, blood seeping through the hood. The magical force that held him loosed as he withered in pain, tears forming in his eyes.

Webby began to break down as she began to struggle in her restraints more, screaming in horror as she witnessed a stabbing first hand.

Magica turned around and went towards her niece, the dagger in tow. The young duck's eyes widened as she felt the cool blade, now with blood, by her left cheek.

"It was much more easier than turning him into a frog." Magica said nonchalantly, as she moved the blade towards the chin. "Now as he lays there, we can now leave, start fresh, and oh, of course, make sure no one, not even him beyond the grave, can find us."

A/N: Ahhh!! I can't believe the series is over!! I'm sorry about the long wait. I just haven't been in it for a long time and that goes with all my interests. School is busy and so has work and after school activities, but I'm not giving up. Plus, we are on the home stretch at ending!!