Chapter 21

Trapped was the word Louie Duck would describe his time in confinement on death row, but there was another word that could replace it.

Hell.

His cell mates weren't helpful either as many of them were prolific serial killers from Duckburg, St. Canard, to Spoonerville. Many con men and women on death row for many unspeakable crimes.

None would match up to what Louie did, but he really didn't mean it.

"Hey, you stole my toothbrush!"

Louie looked from the small holes in his cell and saw two prisoners, a beagle and a pig, both head to head.

"No, I ain't do nothing." Spat the pig.

"Uh, yeah you did! You're in here for grand theft ain't ya?" The Beagle yelled.

"Same for you, then ended up blowing the whole thing up!"

Their bickering soon turned into a total brawl. Who threw the first punch was not the concern, but what happened afterwards, Louie couldn't and wouldn't see.

At lunch, he heard from inmates that the pig ended up rushed to the hospital. No word if he made it or not.

For the very least the rest of that day, Louie kept quiet. He didn't speak unless spoken to and avoided any sort of contact.

Just like old times.

He sat in his cell, staring at the blank wall in front of him. The cell light was turned off and so we're the rest of the cells around him. Louie remembered the last contact he has with Webby. What Big Time said...

She was with Magica. With her, Webby wasn't safe.

Louie folded his arms and breathed heavily, trying to calm down. He can't overturn his conviction due to the hefty price and there was no way that he can make a plea deal.

He heard a lock undone and saw that the guards were trading shifts and that they left the door open.

A rookie mistake.

Louie began to look around and saw that a pitbull prisoner was also staring at the wall. He knew that the mutt was dangerous and provoking him was already a death sentence, but he had a small plan.

"Wow, can't believe a skinny little police man brought the big bad dog here."

The pitbull's ears perked up as he scanned the perimeter, looking for the voice behind the insult.

"Bad dog! Bad dog!" Louie mocked as he mentioned with a childish voice. "Stuck in his little cage to chase his own little tail. How pathetic."

The pitbull began to growl deeply as he began to rattle his cell door. The hinges began to moan as more rattling followed.

"Who ever said that will freaking get beaten into a pulp again!!" He yelled as his door opened and began banging down doors.

Louie took it as a cue to go to his bed and pretend to sleep as he heard a punch, and saw his wall gain a rather large hole to the left. Soon, a siren wailed as officers came into the scene, taking the massive prisoner down. Louie crept to the hole and saw that an officer was near, and so was his belt of keys. With one swipe, he took the keys and stuffed it down his pocket and began running through, checking each key.

"Come on! There has to be one." He muttered as he fumbled with each one and with that said, a small click, his door popped open and with police still with the prisoner, and the door open, there was only one option.

Run
-----------------------------------------------------------
The halls outside of the death row cells were quiet. Too quiet and Louie knew well enough that there would be officers on patrol and snitching inmates. One minor slip can lead to him reaching death sooner and possibly worse.

Louie's eye peeked around the corner and saw an open door down the hall and ran down. He noticed that it had lockers and filing cabinets. With the keys, he began to open the files and noticed that there were info about the prisoners and which locker pertains to their belongings.

Bingo.

He found a bag with clothes that had his clothes, green emerging from the gray bag.

He began to tug his hoodie towards his head until his felt someone tug his hoodie backwards and push him towards the wall.

"Louie?!"

Louie looked up and saw Agnes, holding what seemed to be his green hoodie, her face dark in the room. He couldn't decipher her expression, but he knew from that voice, it was her.

"Agnes? Oh no. I can explain. Web..."

"Do you wanna get out of here or not?" She said.

Louie stood dumbfounded. Did she just ask for him to get out of the slammer? She, the captain, the iron grip, and best one in the squad?

"It's a yes or no answer Duck. I have a feeling something is up with Webby." Agnes said.

"You read my mind. We have to leave! Webby is in trouble..."
-----------------------------------------------------------
It wasn't easy for Agnes to smuggle Louie out into the night. She looked through corridors and Halls of guards and officers. Louie, hunched with his hoodie over his head and following her lead.

Soon, fresh air seeped into Louie's nose as he hopped onto the back of Agnes's motorcycle and Agnes began to put the key in ignition. Soon, it roared to life and they road off into the dead of the night.

A/N: Happy Late New Year!!! Yes I know it's late and that it's been a long writers block. I've been low and up and online learning. I know I'm not the only one. Now things have been better. I've been up in schoolwork, I have a bf and a great support system.  I hope everyone is safe and I hope to write some more soon!!