Chapter 5

"Wahoo! I'm saved! I'm saved!" Louie yelled as he jumped around. He stopped as he realized as he got closer to the tower, there was no door or anything but a big window and it was open.

"Great. Now I have to climb." He muttered, rolling his eyes.

Louie grunted as he made his way up the tower with two knifes stashed into his bag. As he made it to the window, he lifted his weight up and saw that it was a large room, full of books, chairs and other halls leading to other rooms but importantly, it was clean.

"Ooo is that a cookie I see?" he said as he began to walk up to a fresh plate of cookies. He took a bite of the gooey deliciousness as he took a seat at the small table.

"Wait a minute," he said as he stood up. It was clean and quiet......

Out of nowhere, a gag slipped into his mouth, covering it whole. Louie tried to scream but it came out as a muffled groan and he went limp.

Webby was behind him, holding a small gag with chloroform in it.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh Lena! I think I killed someone!" Webby said as she saw the limp man on the floor.

"I don't think he's dead Webby. Chloroform isnt strong enough to kill a person." Lena said with just one glance.

Webby rolled her eyes. "I know that it's just I never saw a person up close before besides you or Aunt Magica."

"Well this is the time to see for yourself."

Webby nodded. She was brave enough to see a new specimen up close but she had a frying pan just in case.

She walked up to Louie, and began to take a close look. He had white feathers like she has and was a duck. He had a leather vest and a bag with him.

"Come on let's see what's in the bag!" Lena urged her friend.

"Okay I got this. Just calm down. For once I'm getting nervous." Webby said.

Aunt Magica always said other people weren't like us. She said they were huge and hid secrets.

Well this one looked exactly like a duck to standard but would the bag hold any secrets?

Webby began to dig through the bag. She found a small narrow box that seemed to glow as she pressed a small button. It said a time and had a phone screen of a boy with two other ducks. One having a hat, collared shirt, and wore red while the other wore a slick back hairstyle, a t-shirt and blue. The last one was of the boy, now a grown up himself. He wore a hoodie instead.

Webby threw the device and it landed with a thump and a small crack on the screen.

She began to dig deeper into the bag and saw other things like snacks, a few daggers and then something sparkly that caught her eye.

"Woah," Webby breathed as she picked it up. It was heavy, had a very shiny luster and wasn't very malleable. It was possibly made of different jewels. "Lena what is this?"

Lena looked as intrigued as her friend. "I actually don't know."

Webby began to try it on in different ways. On her foot, arms and even on Lena but they would both disagree with either of the ways they put it on.

Then, Webby looked into the mirror and saw herself. The young woman who she has become. She felt the object glow and her eyes sparkled.

"Webby," Lena whispered. "Try it on your head."

And so she did. Slowly, Webby began to gently place the crown oh so slowly. As she placed it, she felt like she was someone else. Someone who she may have used to know.

"Webbigail! Let down your hair!" Went a voice from down below.

"Aunt Magica?" Lena screeched. "I thought she wasn't coming back for another couple of days!"

"Lena we have bigger troubles right now! Help me with all of this!"

Both Lena and Webby began to place everything back. Lena stuffed the crown and bag into a closet.

"Webs hide him here!" Lena ushered her to hide him there.

"Oh I can't wait to tell Aunt Magica of what I did!" Webby exclaimed.

"Are you crazy!?" Lena hissed but before she could say anything else, she was reversed back into a shadow.

Webby began to run towards the window and frantically released her hair down.

"I'm sorry Webbigail. The route that was usually there is blocked and now I can't go." Magica said as she began to slump down in a chair.

"Oh," Webby said, trying to be upset. "That's alright Aunt Magica. I'll  maybe last with what I have."

Magica smiled. "That's fine. Now how about you help me make supper. Maybe we can have a hamburger for once."

Though the appeal to the burger make Webby's mouth water but not what she had in store for her aunt.

"So Aunt Magica," Webby said as she helped prepare by setting some napkins.

You can do this Webs

"You may think that I'm not capable of going outside by myself but you're wrong."

Magica turned around. "Is it about those lights again Webbigail?"

"Yes Aunt Magica! I'm capable for my age and you won't believe what I did...."

"Webby stop please. Remember what I told you." Magica said.

"Please Aunt Magica! Just see what I got from....."

But Webby's mouth was clamped shut by Magica's powers. Magica leaned down and whispered.

"I never want to hear anything more about the lights or leaving home again. You are safer here than anywhere else. You're my Webbigail and that's final." With that, Webby's mouth was opened again. She bowed her head down.

"Yes Ma'am I understand."

Magica gave herself a self triumph smirk but then looking at the face of Webby, she felt a bit of pity.

"Tell you what Webbigail. I'll bring you those things you asked for. I'll just have to find a new route."

Webby gave in a small smile. "You mean it? But what about something to eat?"

Magica waved it off. "I'll find something else to eat soon. Just take me back down."

So without any questions asked, Webby repacked everything and sent her back down again.

"Please Aunt Magica," Webby said as she gazed until Magica had left. " I would have shown you my chance."