Chapter 12

Dawn began to settle into the sky as rays of sunlight seeped through the sliver cracks of the trees. It shone slightly upon the trio, who rested on the grass.

Webby curled into a tiny ball as she adjusted slightly, her hair draping over her like a blanket, all worn and loved.

Lena was the same way like her best friend. Her light head rested upon Webby's shoulder. She was cuddled next to Webby as the hair also, covered her.

Louie laid down there as he was beside Webby, his back facing her chest, very close to touching her yet, not even close for contact.

Sunlight shone is Louie's eyes, making him grumble and wake up. He rubbed his eyes as he sat up and looked around where he was. Pinky and Shadow girl were asleep and he was close to them. No wonder he felt so warm.

Louie stood up, trying not to disturb the girls, and walked around them, outside of the camp. He began to look and saw some berries near by and decided to grab some for breakfast for the girls and him.

He began to pick the small purple berries, one by one as he heard a small rustling in the bushes. He looked around and saw nothing behind nor to the sides of him. Louie shrugged it off and continued to grab some more.

Suddenly, he felt something tug him down on his collar and he fell down. Hard. As he looked, he found a lady staring down at him, her frown prominent as her chest heaved up and down.

"Well I was wondering when you'll apologize Agnes."

"More when you'll begin to say sorry."

Agnes began to pull Louie by his collar  and tried to pull him towards her but he began to scream loudly as he tried to grasp anything he can hold on to like a blade of grass to a good old rock.

"Louie please! You're making this a lot harder than it should be!" Agnes grunted as she kept pulling.

"Nooooo!" Louie screamed as he tried to grasp other things in his reach.

"Woah wait? What's happening?" Went a voice.

Both rivals went silent as they looked to the side and saw the long haired maiden stand there, confused in every aspect of this situation.

"Pinky don't just stand there! Help me!" Louie cried.

"Miss don't! He's bad! He stole a valuable to a very important family!" Agnes retorted.

"Well," Lena said, "pick a side."

"Look, both of you are acting like kids!" Webby said, pointing to the both of them.

"He/She started it!" They said, assigning blame to the other.

"Just... Just don't fight today! Today, you don't have to be BFF's but you don't have to be enemies. Just respect each other for today and then tomorrow you can break all hell loose." Webby said.

"Why?" Agnes asked.

"Well, say that there's something I want to see. Plus, it's my birthday."

Both Agnes and Louie thought for a moment. A break would be nice from chasing around but Agnes was close to capturing a crook, Louie was close to being in the slammer. Anything to break the promise you have grave consequences.

It was either make it or break it. Something Agnes nor Louie want to take a risk at.

Agnes sighed as she dropped Louie gently and grasped his hand, shaking it.

"I won't capture you today but, if one thing happens, it's over." Agnes said.

"Got it!" Louie said, wincing at how hard Agnes shook his hand.

"Great!" Webby said, relieved over the fact they gotten over the rivalry. "Now come on! I want to head over to Duckburg!"

Webby began to run to the right and then to the left and then stayed in the center.

"Where's..."

"It's close by miss...."

"I'm Webby," she said.

Agnes smiled. "Agnes. Now Duckburg is on the right."

"Great! Let's go the right direction then!"

As Webby began to run ahead, Agnes began to gut Louie in the ribs, making him fall down to his knees.

"Why you..."

"Hey, she never said anything about playful punching." Agnes said, laughing.

"Har har I never thought that qualified in that category." He snarked.