Chapter 17

The sun was at a mid setting, pink and purple painting the sky as blue was fighting for a place as well. It was hazy, peaceful, and relaxed. It's the perfect setting for down time, social hour, and a small picnic.

"Wow! Look at the sky." Webby remarked, taking a small bite of her chocolate chip cookie. "I've never seen anything radiant like that in my life."

The four went to the center where they sat in the same spot they were earlier.

"Wait until you see the fireworks and when they turn to dust." Agnes said, also gazing at the sky. "Once it's dark, the dust will paint the sky. All the colors imaginable. It's like you're in a portrait."

Webby gave a sigh. Imagining what Agnes said and could almost see it herself. Up close and even touching it as well.

"Excited Webs?" Lena asked.

"More than ever." Webby replied, giving a smile as she shook Lena.

Dawn turned to dusk as the sun began to set. Crowds of people began to purchase light wands, light up toys, dust, and flags as they all headed out in large crowds towards a large palace.

"I better go." Agnes said, standing up. "Apparently, we're short on guards and someone asked what we should do. I'm going to have to ask every available guard out there to help out. Including myself."

"Awwww." Webby said, a bit sad. "Thanks Agnes. Thanks for everything you did today. I owe you one."

Agnes blushed. "You don't have to do that Webby. Just have a good time and make sure Louie here doesn't get into trouble."

Louie glared at her but it wasn't as hard. It was playful and not a death stare.

"See ya Louie. Try not to get captured tomorrow." She said, jabbing him in the arm.

"Haha Captain, I'm counting on it." He replied.

Agnes gave a smile and ran towards the crowd.

"I'm going to miss Agnes. She is pretty protective." Webby said, looking at her until she was just a speck.

Louie smiled Webby turned her attention towards him.

"So... Should we follow the crowd? See where they're heading?" She asked.

Louie paused for a moment and shook his head while replying, "No."

Webby started to get puzzled. "But I thought that..."

"Yes, we are going to see the fireworks. But no, we are not going to the crowd dear Pinky." Louie said.

"Then where?" Lena asked.

"Hurry and follow." Louie said as he ran south and the girls followed him.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Watch your step... There we go." Louie said as they headed out towards the forest, near territory where Webby was familiar with.

Freshly grown grass was at the bottom, as Webby sat down. An ocean was about 35 feet away from them as the air hit everyone fresh.

"The view here is amazing!" Webby said as she glanced at the outskirts of the city. Lights were on in amazing patterns as the palace was beautiful, made of fine marble and stones. It towered over like a cherished temple as the buildings are the loyal subjects.

"Yeah, it very pretty out here. No one can disturb you and you get a clear view of Duckburg from here." Lena said, also admiring the view with her friend.

The sun was riding low as midnight blue graced the sky as bright stars enhanced the view. Small waves came close to the shore as it gave a sense of serenity and peace.