Chapter 11

Webby turned around and to her both shock and a tint of delight, stood her only living relative, Aunt Magica.

Magica looked a little worn out. Not exactly tired, but older and a little bit pale than what Webby's seen. Her posture was a little slanted, her eyes were brighter than before and even twitched a little.

"Aunt Magica?" Webby whispered as she blinked her eyes, hoping it was just an illusion.

"Webbigail my dear! How I've missed you!" Magica said, extending her arms and coming towards Webby, pulling her into a hug.

"But... But how did you even find me!" Webby said, still confused and not even hugging Magica back.

"Oh just a lucky guess!" Magica said, her fingers daintily combing Webby's hair. "Now come on! Let's go!"

Magica began to tug on Webby but she held a firm stand to the ground, her webbed feet buried to the ground, knowing where she wants to be.

"Aunt Magica wait!" Webby said, her guard up, head high and all mighty. "I can't just leave. I... I just met someone."

Magica smiled and said, "Ah yes the wanted thief from Duckburg! How wrong you've always been." Then Magica's voice turned stern. "Now let's leave!"

She began to tug on Webby's arm but Webby stood her ground. "I can't! Please Aunt Magica! I saw the outside world! It's not bad as I thought it would be! Plus, that thief from Duckburg isn't what he seems to be on his wanted poster! He's funny, lazy, yet ambitious towards what he wants! I... I think I like him."

Magica's eyes furrowed as she looked at her struck niece, no longer naive to the outside world she described as a torture chamber.

"Like you? Webbigail, open your eyes! You have very limited vision on what you think you see and what reality is! Just look at you! Do you really think he wants a lady like you? Messy, long hair? And now, covered in dirt? Someone who doesn't know the outside? Do you really think he's impressed? With you?"

Webby's bottom beak quivered at her aunt's words. Magica smiled as she held up her hand to stroke Webby's hair.

"Please Webbigail. This is the wrong choice! Don't fall for this fake romance! I know..."

"No!" Webby cried, throwing herself away from her aunt.

"No?" Magica said, her tone almost sounded dumbfounded at the words of her niece.

Then, her aunt's nice mask fell, her smile, curling into a snarl. Her eyes turning cold and ridged.

"No? I see now." She said softly.

Webby began to falter a bit, not expecting her aunt to be this way.

"Webby, knows best! Oh mature you've grown. So clever and smart. Such a lady!" Magica's said, taunting Webby. "If you know best, fine! But, go ahead and give him this!"

Magica threw the crown at Webby, landing straight in her hands. Webby looked struck as the same crown she tried on, was back in her small palms.

"How did you? I hid... How?" She cried.

"This is what he's here for!" Magica yelled. Grabbing the bag and reached inside for the poster. "Don't be tricked! He's trying to con you! To take you for himself!"

The bag and poster were thrown at Webby's feet. She hustled to put the crown and poster inside.

"He isn't! Please understand!" Webby cried again, louder than she anticipated.

"Oh dear. If he knew, he'll leave you. That's how men work! In a moment, you think you're an expert and then suddenly, you're rethinking!" She said.

"Louie isn't... Please wait!"

"But if you think you know him, put him to the test." Magica said. She came to Webby, her yellow menacing eyes glowing into Webby's sky blue orbs. "Prove to me he isn't what you've learn to know him as. But when he deceives you, don't come home crying."

Magica began to walk out of Webby's area, her cape floating in the air like a superhero except she wasn't.

In a hoarse of a whisper, even though Magica was far, "I know best." And with that, she disappeared into the unknown darkness.

Webby's heavily breathed as her aunt disappeared. She shouldn't let Magica take over her but it was madness. She was not unsure at this point of who to believe.

"Are you seriously going to take Magica's advice?" Lena asked.

"No... Yes? I don't know at this point. I mean, Aunt Magica was slightly..."

"Slightly?" Lena said, ticked off.

"Okay maybe she was wrong but who am I to know! Maybe she is right about Louie." Webby said.

"Oh my gosh Webs you're so slow at making decisions." Lena said. "What about the crown, bag and poster. Louie will know eventually."

"I'll know what eventually?" A voice asked.

"Gah!" Webby and Lena both yelled as Louie stood behind them, oblivious of what they said.

"Uh... Um... That..." Webby stuttered.

"She wants you to know she is interested in more stories. You know, to break the ice a little more." Lena said.

Webby gave Lena a dirty look as the fire showed the blush creeping onto her beak.

"Yeah! That's what." Webby finally said, falsely agreeing with what Lena had said.

"Okay then?" Louie said.

He began to put the spare firewood next to them as he began to tell imaginations he yearned for. Riches, untold secrets, and ways to get richer by the minute, only with no troubles in the way.

"Believe me, I want to become the richest duck in the world one day." Louie said, a hazy smile etched on his face, imagining the possibilities.

Webby smiled at him as she gazed into the fire, its embers showing light and opportunities for the both of them. He'll become rich, she'll see her chance to see the lights.

The only problem was that she had a bag that contains a crown and who knows what else can be there that can disrupt this moment. Webby was unsure who to believe.

Her aunt that kept her safe from the entire world.

Or herself from what she experienced.

It was so difficult but, she decided to not bother for now and listen to Louie and his stories.

From behind, in the bushes, were the Beagle Boys and Magica, looking from afar.

"It's our chance now Miss De Spell! Let's get em!" Big Time said, ready to jump out and grab the young duck adults.

"No," Magica said, grabbing Big Time by the collar. "We're going to need more time. Rewards come to the people who are willing to wait to seize their moment."