Chapter 7

Louie grunted as he began to make his way down the tower using some wielding knives that Webby had in her kitchen. One by one, he made his way half way down.

"You coming pinky? I can't just show up empty handed." Louie yelled.

Webby was at the window, in shock and ecstatic over what was happening.

"Oh my gosh Lena! I can't believe I'm going down!" Webby squealed as she bounced on the balls of her feet.

"Well what are you waiting for Webby?" Lena said. "let's go!"

Webby began to hesitate as she gripped her hair tighter. "Oh yeah. That part. Well... What if...."

"What if nothing. You've been waiting for this for so long!"

Webby took a deep breath. "Okay. I'm ready."

Lena smiled as she reversed back into Webby's shadow. Webby laughed. "See you at the bottom." She joked.

Webby began to throw her hair out the window and threw herself out, clutching and sliding down her hair at the same time.

"Woohoo! This is fun!" Webby yelled as she surpassed Louie.

Then, Webby abruptly stopped as she was inches from the grass. Dangling like a doll from a window still. She began to place one foot on the ground and then the other. The soft grass tickled between her webbed feet as she softly giggled.

"Oh it's just how I imagined! The soft grass, the way it smelled! It's amazing! I'm free!" Webby yelled as she pranced around with reckless abandon. She began to lay down and felt the wind blow through her hair.

"Ah the wind! It's so breezy!" Webby said as she stood up and began to run towards the outside walls of her hidden home.

Webby stopped as she reached a dead end. The boulder seemed to be in the way and Webby knew she couldn't go around it.

"Dead end huh?" Louie said as he catched up to her.

"Seems so," Webby said. "I don't get it. How does Aunt Magica...."

"I might know a solution." Lena said. She began to close her eyes as her faint hands began to glow and so did the boulder. It crumbled to pieces and the trio stepped out and the boulder appeared again, full of moss and flowers.

"And when I thought magic doesn't exist." Louie muttered.

"That was so cool! Lena how did you do that?" Webby asked.

Lena shrugged and said. "Haven't you been waiting for the outside for some time?"

Webby began to look around. A small river, its small trickles giving a warm sense of serenity. The sun was shining, the flowers were blooming and so was a beaming Webby.

"Oh my gosh! I did it!" Webby squealed as she began to circle around. "But how and why?"

It was repetitive. For what seemed to be hours, Webby began listing pros and cons of why she'd left.

"But won't Aunt Magica be proud of me?" Webby said, splashing her webbed feet into the water. "I mean, she said sooner or later."

"Oh my gosh I am a terrible niece! I can never show my face again." Webby said as she fell back into a meadow.

"I live for the outdoors!"

"What will Aunt Magica do to me! I betrayed her."

"I never want to leave!"

Soon enough, Webby sat by an edge, sobbing as Lena softly patted her back.

"Webby, aren't you supposed to be happy? I mean, this is your dream for as long I was with you." Lena said.

"I don't know Lena," Webby sobbed. "Maybe this was a bad idea! I should have never left!"

"Well tell me about it," Louie grumbled as he was only feet away, looking at the two.

What in the world did he get himself into? Did he really sign up to play babysitting for a girl with no social skills and her ghost/shadow/whatever she was? No, that is his job and he does it better than anyone else.

"What did Huey used to do?" Louie said as he walked away. He knew he needed to take Webby and Lena back to their home but Webby seemed to be the most toughest challenge he has.

Webby, in his opinion, was very resilient, a plucky young lass as his Uncle Scrooge would say. She seems to know any type of material arts that would put Louie into crutches and is very smart too. She will know.

He needed to get Webby scared of the outside from something. Something she hasn't learned. Something she hasn't read...

"That's it!" Louie cried as he began to run towards the girls.

"Hey pinky?" Louie said, his voice into a conversational tone.

"Yeah?" Webby sniffed as she wiped her eyes with the back of her palms.

"Are you good right there?" Louie said, giving himself a warm up before anything else happens.

"Maybe... Maybe I was wrong," Webby said finally. "I shouldn't be out here. I should get back home."

"Whaaa? Already?" Louie said dramatically. "You can't go yet! I have a present for you!"

Webby looked at him with big eyes, giving him her undivided attention. Perfect. He had her.

"There's this place around here. It's not that far. It's called The Junkyard and it has some friends of mine. They will be happy to show you around the place. Maybe for some food and a nice place to sleep if we need it."

Webby paused for a moment. Lunch will be right around the corner and if they're friends of Louie, they can't harm her! Plus, it would be nice to meet other people. Maybe they know about the dust too!

"Okay!" Webby said, all hyper. "Let's go! To the Junkyard!"
-----------------------------------------------------------
Agnes began to look around in any spot she could find. Behind bushes, boulders, anything that was nature related in general.

"He's good," Agnes whispered. "Too good."

Her eyes began to glow as she tried to concentrate. Concentrate on where Louie Duck could be.

Step

Agnes's eyes went back to normal as they were broken by the sound of footsteps and they were coming closer and closer.

Agnes began to hide behind a boulder, her pistol in hand. This was easy. Too easy in fact.

"Put your hands in the air where I can see them!"