Chapter Eight

In another Life

Zuko's POV

It's so hot.. why is it so hot? Water.. yes, I need water. I tried to open my eyes. "Ugh.." I groaned. This was too strenuous. I sat up on my bed, while something was still holding my hand. My eyes were focusing on the person that was laying next to me. " Ren?"
Am I still dreaming? It could be...
Why am I dreaming of her right now? I let a sight out of me and laid down again. Why did I sit up again? I completely forgot what I wanted to do after I saw her. There wasn't much space left between our faces, that's why I had to be careful so she wouldn't wake up. But why is she sleeping in my dream? It's weird to see her so calm... she would usually try her best to get on my nerves. But that wasn't the weirdest thing right now. The weirdest was that I felt reassured. My hand slowly caressed her face. It's a dream, right?
"Maybe... in another life..we could be good friends..." I whispered. Or more...
I'm really exhausted...My eyelids began to feel heavy... I even have weird thoughts..

Ren's POV

" Ren. Ren." Someone whispered my name. I opened my eyes slowly. In front of my face were Zuko's. His hand was caressing my cheek. Why was he that near? *Badumps*
Did I fall asleep? Oh my god! I did fall asleep! No! I sat up quickly and looked around. Uncle Iroh was kneeled next to me and showed me to be quiet, so that Zuko wouldn't wake up. I nodded and stand up slowly. " Let's get out of his room. He's better now thanks to you." He whispered, as we left Zuko in his room. My checks began to burn. "I'm sorry that we bothered you."
"No, it's fine. I'm glad that he's better now." I said relieved. "He should sleep a little more.." I added.
"Yes. I'll take care of him from here now. You can go back to your home and rest. Your friends sure are worried about where you have been."
I opened my eyes widely. "I totally forgot about them!" I blurted out. "I hope we'll see each other again, Uncle Iroh." I said while I was running to the door. "hahaha I hope so too." He laughed. I waved at him with a big smile before I left the tea shop and ran to my friends. "I'm dead." I groaned.

Zuko's POV ( not much after Ren left)

I felt uneasy again. I rolled to the other side of the bed but that didn't make it better. Something was missing. "You're awake?" I heard my uncle asking, as he walked in my room. "Yes." I sighted and sat up. "You should rest a little more."
"No, I'm fine." I looked around. It was a dream... "are you searching for something?"my uncle asked with a smirk. "N-No. What should I search for?"
"I don't know. Maybe for a girl."
I looked at my uncle with wide eyes. "What a-re you talking a-about?" I stuttered. Damn! Did I sleep talk ? No! It couldn't be!
"Oh you don't remember?"
"Remember what?" I asked confused. "Ren was here yesterday and took care of you."
"She- what?!" I blurted out. "She left not too long ago."
Then.. Then it wasn't a dream?! I felt how my head began to burn up. "Zuko are you okay? Your face is getting red! I think your fever is coming back." Uncle said worried. I could burry myself. I thought it was all a dream! She was sleeping right? Then she could still have no clue about what I said. I sighted and fall on my bed. I hope she don't know about it. If she knows, she would annoy me every seconds. " ugh!" I screamed in my pillow.

————————-
[!! English is not my first language so there will be some mistakes]

Hope you liked it!