Chapter Twenty-One

Annoying

We jumped off the balloon as we arrived at Zukos carriage. "Now finally the dragon of the west is ready for action!" Uncle Iroh said, while he stood in fighting position. "Mai?" Zuko asked confused. But she responded with "Duck."
"What?"
"Duck!" Mai and I yelled synchronically, because someone threw a weapon at him. "Oh!" He dodged it and Mai threw a Knife at that person.
"You! I knew you couldn't be trusted!" She yelled at a boy, who was wearing the same clothes as the attackers. "Mai, the society knew I was going to betray them! They fed me bad information, I swear!" He defended himself. "I vouch for him!" Zuko intervened.
"What?! You don't know a thing about him!" She yelled at Zuko.
I sighed. "What a drama." And was still fighting. "I know his name is Kei Lo and he just helped me save my family!"
Suddenly they threw a spear at the carriage, in which my aunt and her family were. "No!" Screamed Zuko. " go nephew! We got you covered!" Uncle Iroh said, as we both fought together against the men of the new Ozai society. Zuko looked at me worried but I just nodded. "How many are they?!" I yelled frustratedly. "you're already tired?" Iroh laughed. " you know how bad my stamina is."
"Yeah you should work on that. It's really necessary especially in fights like this."
Iroh continued to nag, but I couldn't listen to him, because some Fire caught my eye. "Let him have it, New Ozai society! Ha ha!"
They had surrounded Zuko in fire. " No!" I yelled and was about to run, but he blocked the fire. "New Ozai society, this is your last chance. Surrender now or face your fire lords wrath."
I sighed in relief. After the men surrender and were captured, which also included Mai's father, we went safely to the palest. Zuko was saying goodbye to Suki and the other kiyoshi warriors who helped us, while my Family, which is also Zuko's real family, were going to the entrance of the palest. "I forgot how big this place was.." I looked amazed around. "Here we are." Said Zuko as he caught us up. " wow! I knew it would big, but I didn't think it would be this big! Come in daddy, let's go exploring!" Kiyi shouted and dragged Noren forwards. "Kiyi, maybe we should rest first? We have had a pretty... dramatic afternoon." Noren tried to calm down the little girl, who were in high spirits. "Aw, what's the big deal? I knew Zuzu would keep us safe the whole time. Come on! Come on!" Now she began to run. I giggled as I watched how Noren tried to catch up. "Zuzu? Where did she picked that up?" Zuko asked perplexed. "I don't know." Responded Ursa also perplexed. "Gotta admit, it sound much nicer coming from her than Azula."
"If you had told me before I would have called you Zuzu all this time." I grinned. "Please, don't."
"But you liked it when Kiyi said it."
" I never said I liked it."
I began to laugh and he joined me. He looked me in the eyes, as the silence began. I cleared my throat and looked away. My heart was racing like it was about to explode. Zuko sighed and also looked away. "Mom?" He asked now worried. My eyes focused on my aunt. "Noriko- I mean Ursa, are you alright?" I went beside her. "Just tired from all the excitement." She replied but I could feel how anxious she was. "I'll have someone show you to your old room."
" one of the guest rooms will be fine."
"I'll come with you."
"No, I want to look around..." she said with a weak smile. " Aunty.." but she already walked without me.
"Do you think she will be okay?" Zuko asked me worried. "I don't know.."
Again.. this awkward silence...
"I should get going."
"Wait!" He grabbed my hand. "I wanted to show you something.."
I looked at his hand and thought he would let go but he didn't. "Come." He dragged me with him. "Where are we going?"
"Surprise." He smiled. Then we arrived at a garden. A really really beautiful garden.
"Wow!" I gasped and looked around. " I thought you can study and practice here...I selected the flowers and the other plants... but I can change it if you don't like it." He scratched his neck nervously. " No, you selected my favorite flowers! I like them! Thank you, Zuko."
"I'm relieved." He blushed and played with my hand, which he was still holding.
" it was a really a tiring day.. I should get some sleep.." I let go of his hand.
"Of course.." he agreed with weak smile.

~
Now one week has passed and was still avoiding Zuko. "Ren!" Kiyi ran into my room. I put my book down and opened my arms, so she could hug me. " what brings you here!" I laughed. " You have a guest!"
"A guest? Who?"
"Me." I heard a male voice at the door. "Jiro!"
I stood up while he came closer. " what a nice surprise." I smiled.
"This one is also for you." Flowers appeared in front of me. "Thank you very much! They are so pretty!"

Zuko's POV

"Uncle?"
"Yes, Zuko?" He stopped writing and looked up.
"do you know what Ren is doing?"
" She reads about the spiritual world these days. But as I know she has guest now. So she shouldn't be studying today."
"A guest?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. " Yeah, a boy. I think his name was Jako?"
"Jiro." I corrected him and clenched my fists. Just one week has passed and he already comes visiting. What a pain in the neck. "You're Right! It was Jiro! He looks like a nice guy, he prepared flowers for her and you should have seen how nervous he was to meet Ren."
I clenched my fits even more. "But he is just a friend."
" I never said that he was something else." Uncle defended himself. I stood up. " I remembered that I had to do something important! I'll do this later." I said and walked out of the room quickly. "Ugh. This is annoying." I sighed.

————————-
[!! English is not my first language so there will be some mistakes]

Hope you liked it!