Chapter Twenty-Four

Kissing

<narrator>

"Why didn't she wake up already?" Zuko asked the doctor furiously, as he held Rens hand softly. "Fire Lord Zuko, her Body collapsed because she was tired. Normally she should have woken up on the first day but I don't know either why she didn't wake up after three days. Her health conditions are fine. She doesn't have anything. She's just sleeping."
"Just sleeping?! For three days straight?" Now he stood up. "If you don't find a way to safe her, you're getting fired." He said dangerously and shoved him away.
While he sat down again next to her lying body in the bed, he let a sigh out. "Ren.."he whimpered. "Why don't you wake up? Why are you making me anxious? Please.. wake up..please.."
"Is Ren still sleeping?" The voice of Kiyi sounded in the room. She looked at him from the door swell, not daring to step in.
" I'm sorry, Kiyi." Zuko shook his head, while wiping his tears away.
"Will she never wake up again?"
" of course she will! Don't say that."
He went to her and took her in a hug. "Did you kiss her?" She asked him, while he was hugging her. "I-I'm sorry, what?" His cheek began to burn, as he look at Kiyi stunned.
"In the stories, which mom always read for me, the prince is kissing the sleeping beauty and after that she wakes up." She explained with a smile. "So did you kiss her? You two love each other so she should wake up."
Zukos face was burning even more. " I think it's time for your bedtime." He changed the subject. "Can I sleep with Ren?"
He looked back at the bed, thinking for a moment. "We should tell mom first." He looked at a guardian, who immediately understood him and went away.
Zuko reached his hand out at Kiyi and they both went to the bed. She jumped on the bed happily and laid down beside Ren. Zuko put the blanket also on her and went back to the chair, on which he was sitting now for the past three days. "Why don't you lay down, too?" Kiyi asked confused. "It's okay."
"But you look tired and sleepy. I won't sleep if you don't sleep as well!" She sat straight up. Zuko sighed, his eyes laying on Ren. 'She wouldn't like it' , he thought. 'But Kiyi has to sleep.'
"Please, brother."
He looked at her stunned. "Did you call me brother?"
She nodded. A smile appeared on his face and he went straight to the bed now.
'She fooled me.'
He laid next to Ren, so her body was between them. His heart began to race, as he felt her warmness around him.
"Good night, brother Zuko."
"Good night, Kiyi."
'Good night, Ren.'

Rens POV

"-And that's how it is."
"hm.. I can see why you have issues at trusting him. " my mother said, after I explained her the whole story between Zuko and me.
"But Ren, what if he's telling the truth? It looks like this boy is really in love with you."
I bit my lips. It's not like I never thought about that.
"As I can see you are afraid of losing him if you are giving him a chance." She said and patted me on my back. "I am on your side, Ren. Don't let that boy even approach you!" My dad said, while shaking his head. "Shiro!" Mom looked at him warningly. "Shut up, Shiro."
We all looked surprised at Tori, who were beside us. "Since when were you here?" Dad asked him confused. "A while." He shrugged his wings. "But I think the boy is really in love with you. Who else wouldn't leave the side of a sleeping person since three days. He barely goes to the toilet because he doesn't want to leave you." He said disgusted. I widened my eyes. "what?! Three days already passed?!"
They all nodded. But it just felt like an hour. "The spirit and the real world aren't the same. Even time is ticking differently here." My mom explained. "But dad told me it wouldn't take that much time."
" in the spirit world not in the real world." He defended himself, after my mom gave him an angry look. "And all this time Zuko was taking care of me?"
I could hear my own heart, after Tori nodded.
My mom smiled. "Don't you think it's time for you to go back? It looks like someone is waiting for you desperately."
I also began to smile. "Yeah, I think I'm already late, so I should hurry."
"Shiro! Help her at shifting." Mom commanded dad.
He sighed. "Fine."

Zukos pov

Kissing...
No way.
I sighed and sat straight up, looking if Kiyi already fell asleep, which she really was.
Slowly my hands were touching Rens lips. Waking up after a Kiss, ha?
That's only happening in fairytales!
So why am I approaching her now?
I gulped, as our noses were touching.
What am I doing?
I looked at Kiyi again to make sure she was really sleeping. My lips were nervously touching Rens first but then I gained confidence and kissed her.
It was weird because she was asleep and couldn't kiss back.
I slowly moved my face away and looked at her disappointed.
What I was thinking? Kissing her and she would just wake up? Don't be ridiculous, Zuko!
"You're a weirdo for kissing me, while I was asleep." I heard Rens voice disgusted.
She looked at me with her beautiful purple eyes. "Ren!"
I took her in a hug.
"I can't breath!" She hit my back lightly.
"I'm sorry." I let her space and she smiled at me.
"You know.. please never kiss me again while I'm sleeping it's really weird of you."
" It's be-because in Fairytales.. they are waking up after a kiss..." I stuttered, while my cheeks blushed.
She began to laugh lightly, which sped up my heart race even more.
"But isn't it better if someone kissed you back?" Her hand caressed my red cheek now, while her head was approaching me. I gulped.
"Yes.." I answered looking at her lips. "So don't you want to try again while I am awake?"
"Yes.."
It felt like I was in a fever dream. What is happening?
"Ren?!" Suddenly Kiyi interrupted us.
We pulled back and couldn't look at each other of embarrassment.
She gave Kiyi a big hug after she cleared her throat.
"Did you wake up because brother kissed you?"
Her eyes widened, as her head became totally red.
I sighed frustratedly. Couldn't Kiyi just wake up after the kiss?

_____

Zuko about to kiss Ren:

Zuko after being interrupted by Kiyi:

Kiyi who caught them in 4K: