Chapter Fifteen

Chaos of Feelings

„Hey-uh, I wanted to sit there." Aang said, as Zuko sat beside Katara. "Sit next to me. What's the big deal?"
"I was just.. I wanted to..okay." he sighed and sat beside Zuko. I also sighed and sat beside Aang. Why did he sit beside her? It was obvious that Aang wanted to sit there. "Why are we sitting in the nosebleed section? My feet can't see a thing." Toph complained. "Don't worry. I'll tell your feet what's happening." Katara said. Then the play started. Sokka and Katara started to complain, as they saw their characters playing. "Wait is that a woman playing me?" Aang asked in disbelief and I began to laugh. He gave me a side look. "Look! That's me!" I said with a big smile as my character appeared. "She's so pretty and the role is on spot." I gasped. "Why did they make your role so good?" Sokka asked jealously. "No, Ren is prettier." Aang complimented me, which caused me to blush. "Thanks."
Zuko's head popped up above Aang's. His one eyebrow was raised, as he looked at us.
~
"Wait what's that? I think it's your honor!" The actress who played Azula said. "Where?" Asked the actor Zuko, as the "Azula" left. I bursted out laughing. "This shit is so funny and accurate!" I laughed. Zuko looked at me angrily. I just shrugged my shoulders.
~
Now we were in the scene where Katara and Zuko were imprisoned in Ba Sing Se. I was really curious so I leaned forward.
"I have to admit, prince Zuko, I really find you attractive." 'Katara' said. "You don't have to make fun of me." 'Zuko' said. "But I mean it. I had eyes for you since the day you first captured me."
"Wait, I thought you were the avatar's girl."
Aang nodded beside me. Wait? Why did he nodded? "The avatar? Why, he's like a little brother to me. I certainly don't think of him in a romantic way. Beside how could he ever find out about this?" The 'Katara' and 'Zuko' hugged each other intensely. Aang stood up. "Oh You're getting up? Can you get me some fire flakes. Oh and Fire gummies!" Sokka asked.
So that's what happened... I knew something was fishy. And now they are closer than before! I also stood up. "You're going too? Can you-"
"No." I cut him off and left. I searched for Aang, who I found outside. "Hey, Buddy... you know that she didn't say things like that." I approached him slowly. "Maybe that weren't her correct words but that's what she really thinks of me."
I couldn't deny that. I wasn't sure what Katara felt for Aang. "And they look pretty close to me." He added. I sighed. "You think so too, aren't you?" He looked at me. "I don't know." I answered. "They..they are old enough to decide on their own."
"But you like Zuko."
I widen my eyes. "What?"
"I can see it in your eyes. Whenever he's doing something good or spending time with you, your eyes are shining. But whenever he's doing something bad, you're disappointed and angry."
"Th-that's because he's my friend." I said nervously. "You see him as more than just a friend. I know it, because I feel the same way for Katara."
I sighed. "I'm not really sure about what I feel about him to be honest. I'm in a chaos of feelings right now, while trying to organize it... but I think I like him..."
He smiled weakly. "I'm pretty sure you like him."
"Don't say anything about this to the others." I begged him. "Of course not!"
Suddenly Katara appeared. "I think I should go back now." I said and left them alone.  I saw Zuko and Toph sitting on the floor. "Where are the others?" I asked confused. "Sokka and Suki sneaked to the backstage." Toph answered.
"What? Why?"
"Sokka wanted to show some better lines to his character." She explained. I shook my head with a sigh. Suddenly Zuko stood up. "Can we talk?"
"About what?" I asked confused. "I wanted to clear some things."
"You can say it here."
"I, I think it's better if it's just the two of us." He said and looked at Toph. "We can't leave her alone."
"It's fine. I can stay here." she answered me. "See, it's fine. Let's go." He grabbed my hand and dragged me behind him. "Why did you grab so strongly?" I asked, as we stopped and touched my wrist, which was red. "I'm sorry." He apologized and grabbed my wrist again but now gentler. He looked at it and caressed it, like he was trying to make the pain go away. My heart was about to explode. This is too much. I cleared my throat. "You wanted to talk."
Now he looked up. "I...I want you to know that there wasn't such a conversation between Katara and me." He said, while scratching his neck. "Okay."
"Okay?" He asked confused. "Yeah, okay.  It doesn't interest me what you talked with her." I said and looked to the side. "Can I go now?"
"No." He said grumpy.
"Why?"
"Because you're acting strange since I came back with Katara."
I began to laugh. "I'm not."
"Yes, you are. Look at me."
I slowly turned my head back to him. "Even if it's not bothering you about what we  talked it's still bothering me that you might have the wrong idea."
"Why?" I asked him. "Why don't you want me to think that there could be something going on between you two. Because I could tell Mai?"
He sighed. "No. I just don't want you to think about-"
"But why?" I interrupted him. "I don't know! Okay?!" He raised his voice. "I am not-"
I interrupted him again, as I kissed him. At first he was shocked but then he kissed me back. After it ended he looked at me with widen eyes. "Ren.." he began but I knew where this was about to go. And I didn't want to hear it. "It's my fault. I'm sorry." I said and left quickly. "Ren, wait!" I heard him calling, but I made myself invisible and flew away. I wiped my tears, as I sat down on the sand. I was at the beach. The moon was reflecting on the sea and it sparkled. The sound of the waves were calming me down. "What have I done?" I asked in shock. "I messed up."
"I messed up everything..." I repeated frustratedly. Some time passed now. Maybe the play was even over... Should
I go back? I don't think I can face him now. Should I burry myself here? Or should I drown myself?
"I found you." I suddenly heard. I gasped. "Sorry I didn't want to scare you." Zuko said with a weak smile. "
How did he find me?! "Can I sit there?" He pointed beside me. I didn't say anything but he still sat down. "Ren. We have to talk."
I was still silent. He sighed. "I really like you, Ren... but I love Mai. That kiss-"
"Don't mention it! I just.. I just wanted to know what you're reason was. It's not like I have feelings for you dude. It was just a test." I began to laugh. This was the hardest shit ever. I couldn't break my play now. "Wait? Haha, really? And I was thinking that there was some kind of a misunderstanding." He also started to laugh. Why do you have to make me feel worse?
"Yeah. I just wanted to make sure that you don't have feelings for me. That would be gross." I slapped him lightly on his arm. "Come on. It wouldn't be that bad!" He pouted. You're right, it wouldn't...
"Let's go back." I said and stood up.
"Next time warn me before you do such things." He laughed as he slapped the sand off him.
"Trust me, there is no next time." I whispered.

————————-
[!! English is not my first language so there will be some mistakes]

Hope you liked it!