Chapter Eighteen

New Assistant

Ren's p.o.v
I was angry. Like really angry. Noren held me back this whole time. "Calm down, Ren."
But I couldn't. " Ren? Why are you eyes all white?" Kiyi asked worried, as she touched the end of my shirt. "You're scaring her.." Noren whispered. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "Ursa.." I heard him suddenly say, which caused me to open my eyes again. Noriko... she changed her face the way it used to be...like back then when I was a kid... she asked my mother if she could help them, because they were good friends. But I don't really remember why she did that back then. It was about ten years ago when I saw this face the last and the first time. "Daddy, who is this woman?" Kiyi asked. Noriko's eyes filled up with tears. "It's already late and we experienced too much today. You should go to sleep. Or do you want to help out at cleaning?" Noren asked Kiyi, who immediately shook her head and ran to her room. Noren approached to Noriko and hugged her. At that time I realized that another person was standing next to her. Zuko.
As I saw him I remembered that I was still angry. "You!" I shouted and grabbed him by the collar. "R-Ren?" He stuttered. "WHY WAS THAT MANIAC OF AZULA HERE?! SHE WAS CAPTURED!"
"I-I let her free."
"YOU-WHAT?! Are you insane?! She almost killed my aunt!" I held him stronger. "Wait? You're the niece that she talked about? I totally forgot that you are from Hira. "
" Ren, calm down." Noren tried to pull me back from Zuko. "That's the Fire lord."
"No! Right now he is just the usual Zuko! It's all your fault! Now Azula even disappeared! " I still shouted at him. "Why did you even bring her?!"
"To find our mom." He answered. "Your mom?"
"Yes, my mom." He repeated and looked at Noriko now. I slowly began to calm down, mostly because I was fricking confused. "What?"
"He's right, Ren. I'm his mother." Noriko said.
I looked at Noren, who also noded'
"My real name is Ursa." 
"Ursa..." I repeated her, as I was trying to process everything. "Does that mean all these years I lived with your mom?"
Zuko nodded. "Phew." I sighed, after I totally calmed down. "You can let me go, Noren. I'm not angry anymore." Noren haltingly let go of me. "It's late. We should talk tomorrow." He said and look at Zuko and Ursa. He took Norik- No, Ursa's hand and left  the living room with her.

Zuko's p.o.v
Now the both of us were alone. My hands slowly started to sweat, while my heart started to pound. Her hair got longer and her face got sharper.. she was getting to look like an adult now. The first time that we met was when we were thirteen.. we knew each other since four years. But why I'm feeling so nervous now?
"H-how are you?" I broke the silence. "Fine.. and you?"
"Too..." and we were back at our embarrassing silence. Then she cleared her throat.  "How is your new job as the Fire lord going?" She asked with a smirk. I sighed with a smile. "It's really tiring."
"I can see that. You lost weight. And look at these eye bags!" She said, as she touched my face and analyzed it. "What's wrong?" She asked worried. I looked in her eyes. I could see how worried she was. She really was. It would have been nice if she were by my side every night where I had nightmares. I slowly took her in a hug. "I missed you." I whispered. First she was surprised but then she hugged me too. "It was that bad ha?"
I held her stronger and hid my face in her collar, as I was near the tears. "I should have visit you instead of writing letters." She sighed. I nodded still hiding my face. "I did bad things... again.." I admitted. "How bad?" She asked. I got out of hiding. " I talked with my father, let him manipulate me and even took advise from him. Not to forget about Azula. I was in a fight with Aang. Again. And also in a  fight with the Earth Nation." I told her. Her eyes widen, as she listened to me. "You really did experience a lot during this one year."
"What about Uncle Iroh? Why didn't you ask help from him?" She asked confused. "I didn't want to annoy him. I wanted to handle everything on my own."
She sighed. "You don't have to do this alone, Zuko. You can always call for us. We are there for you. I'm sorry that I shouted at you before." She said, as she caressed my cheek. I burrowed my face in it and closed my eyes. "You know what? You need an assistant."
I opened my eyes again and raised an eyebrow. "What?" I asked confused. "Yeah, an assistant. Someone with great potential, who is smart and strong. A person who is brave and can handle you. Also who's pretty. " She winked with her right eye. "Are you talking about yourself right now? Wasn't that exaggerated?"
"If you don't want to-"
"No! I want you as my assistant!" I interrupted her, which caused her to smirk. "But I don't want like all the paper work. My job is it to be there for you. This also includes that you have to plan time for me, so I can distract you from all your work as the Fire Lord. Do we have a deal?" She extended her hand to
me.
"Deal!" I agreed as I shook her hand.

————————-
[!! English is not my first language so there will be some mistakes]

Hope you liked it!