Chapter Twenty-Two

Feelings

"Haha, no here take it." I laughed and gave Jiro the red pen.
"But I like this one." He refused and showed me the green pen in his hand, which caused me to laugh even more. "You just said you wanted the red one and then you grabbed the green pen."
"Am I colorblind?" He asked dramatically with a gasp. "What color is my hair?"
"White. Or silver? Or maybe I'm colorblind and you have a different hair color. That would make sense! Who has white hair?"
I punched him lightly on the chest. "Stop. You're totally fine."
He begin to smile.
"I would always recognize your true colors even if I were colorblind. Ren with her beautiful long white hair. With those white Tattoos on her arm and her-"
"Her eyes purple like Lavendels causing someone to relax immediately." His sentence was cut off by Zuko.
I looked at the door where he was standing and watching us. His eyes were focused on me, totally ignoring Jiro who stood up quickly. "F-Fire Lord!" He bowed at Zuko. "
"Zuko- I mean Fire Lord, what caused you to come here?" I asked him still sitting on my chair. He raised an eyebrow. "Is it forbidden to visit my assistant?"
"No but-"
"but what?" He interrupted me and looked at Jiro as he wanted to kill him. I could hear how Jiro gulped nervously. "I have an important matter with my assistant." He then continued.
"I-I'm sorry. I thought Ren would be free today."
"She is not." Zuko said with a terrifying smile.
"I am free."
"No, you're not."
I looked at him angrily. "It's okay, Jiro. I don't have any work today. Sit down, we can continue."
Jiro looked nervously between Zuko and me. "She didn't have but now she does."
" jiro can still stay. "
"Oh, if he wants to, why not?" Zuko still had this terrifying killer smile on his face as he looked at Jiro. "I-I should go. I would just interrupt you guys." He answered and started to pack his things immediately. " but we didn't finish the sketch!"
"We can finish it at my next visit." He smiled at me softly. I left a sigh out. "Fine, but promise!"
"I promise."
I took him in a hug before he left the room quickly while he was terrified to even look at Zuko. "What are you thinking?!"
His eyes opened widely and he looked at me confused. "I don't know what you mean." He started to defend himself. "You know exactly what I mean, FIRE LORD." I accentuated his title.
"Ren, come on!" He sighed and stepped forwards coming at me. "We don't even have a plan today! You just wanted to ruin my day with Jiro!" My voice began to raise. "Didn't you say that whenever I feel terrible I should come to you? Wasn't that the whole point of you becoming my assistant?"
That was true. But I still knew that he did so Jiro would leave. Now he's playing the victim. I rolled with my eyes.
"I know that you don't like Jiro."
He sighed and let his head down, just to look straight back up. "Okay!"he raised his voice at me. "It's true! I don't like him! I even HATE him! And it's also true that I wanted him to leave. Isn't that allowed?!Isn't this my palace? So I can do whatever I want!" He shouted. I was in disbelief. "Okay, fine! You can do whatever you want to do in your palace, Fire Lord. I'm leaving!" I also shouted at him and wanted to go but he held my arm, so I couldn't leave. " Where are you going?"
"To Jiro."
His grasp around my arm became stronger. "You can't."
"Let me go!" I tried to free myself from his grasp. "No. I'm not letting you go."
I began to concentrate till my tattoo wings were glowing and my eyes were fully white. "Let. Me. Go." I commanded.
Zuko was hypnotized and did what I commanded. "Weirdo." I said as I wanted to leave. "W-Who are you cal-ling weirdo?" He asked with a grin as he grab my arm again. That can't be! He shouldn't move while I was in control. " You got me on the ship before because you surprised me but now I won't let you go."
I could see how hard he was trying to withstand the Hypnosis. His body was shaking and his breathing was also too fast. He took a deep breath, as I stoped the hypnosis. " you're such a weirdo! Why did you even resist?!" I shouted and helped him to sit down.
"Becaus-e I don't want to lose y-you."
I gave him a glas of water, which he immediately drank. After he finished it he took my hand in his. "Ren..please don't leave me." His eyes began to tear.
Why am I feeling guilty now? Was I too hard on him?
"Please..I love you."
My heart stopped. I was still not used to hear those words. Especially when I didn't know if he truly meant it or not.
"I'm sorry. I was just jealous. I don't want
Jiro to be near you. He's looking at you the same way I look at you and I know what that means. I know I'm being selfish but I want you and I'm not willing to let jiro have you."
Jiro looking at me weirdly? But he don't have feelings for me. We are best friends.
"you have to be mistaken. "
" I'm not, Ren. He wants to be near you, see you smiling, hugging you and would do everything for you even to wait and that's not because you're just his friend it's because he likes you. A lot."
He likes me? Jiro?
Zuko's eyes widen. "You like him too, aren't you?"
"No- I'm.."
I'm just shocked, but why I couldn't say that? "You don't have to deny your feelings...I also thought all this time that I would love Mai while I was denying my feelings for you thinking I felt that way because you were my best and only friend... "
"Zuko-"
"So it's okay.. if you really don't have feelings for me..I'm okay to let you go, if you want him not me.." he interrupted me and stood up. A weak smile appeared on his face, as he looked at me with glassy eyes. My heart stopped to beat for a moment. "You can go to him.. I'm not stopping you anymore."

————————-
[!! English is not my first language so there will be some mistakes]

Hope you liked it!