Chapter Fourteen

Weren't you on bad terms?

We successfully returned from the Island with Sokka's Dad and also Suki. I thought that I could rest a little bit now, but there's always something happening on every fricking day. This time we were under attack. And guess who it is? Of course the psycho named Azula. "What are you doing?" Aang asked Zuko. "Go ahead, I'll hold them off. I think this is a family visit." He responded and ran to the front. "Zuko, no!"
"Come on, we've got to get out of here."Sokka stopped Aang. "I'll go after him, don't worry." I said and ran after him. Before the ground shattered, I let my wings out and flew. This is so tiring! I had to dodge every fire cannon. Then I saw Zuko falling. "Damn it!" I hissed and flew to him. I grabbed him and tried to hold him, but he was really heavy. "Fly me to the other balloon, right there." He pointed to the war balloon that was right next to us and I let him go on top of it. After carrying him, I had to control my breathing. "You're really heavy."
"Did you think I would be light?" He asked me with a raised eyebrow. "How about a thank you?" I hissed. "Thank you."
"How did she find us?" I asked confused. " I don't know. But I know that right now she's after me."
The balloon was slowly getting out of the smoke. "You have to make yourself invisible and get out of here." He grabbed my arms, while he looked straight into my eyes. "No! Are you an idiot?! How could you defeat her alone? There are so many war balloons."
"Please, Ren. You have to get out of here. I don't want something to happen to you. She's just after me, she will ignore you anyways. I'll come after, I promise." His grab around my arms became stronger. I could see that he was worried about me. His lips were trembling a little bit as he tried to look seriously. "What if something happens to you?" I asked him. "Don't worry, I will make it. I'm pretty good." He smirked but I just rolled with my eyes. "Your fighting skills are pretty average."
"Hey! That's not true! I-" he stopped and looked above us. "there's no time left! You have to go!"
I gulped. Was this the right thing? No, of course not! Maybe I should just fly nearby them. "Okay, I'll go."  I lied. A smile appeared on his face. I made myself invisible, as the balloon was getting of the smoke and revealed Zuko. Azula smirked, as she saw him. This girl is crazy. She is giving me the chills. While they both started to fight again, I still stood on the balloon. Suddenly there was an explosion. "This is the second time." I flew to Zuko to catch him, after I saw him falling. Again. Maybe I can scare him, when I grab him while being invisible. I was almost there but then Azula looked at my direction with a smirk. Wait.. I was invisible, wasn't I? There's no chance that she is looking at me. Zuko realized that Azula was looking somewhere else, while they were both falling. He also looked at my direction and widen his eyes now. I was almost there. Just-
"NO! DON-" he began to shout but I couldn't hear him. Something hit me. Something which was really painful. Something that felt like it was burning me. Now I was the one who was falling but someone grabbed me and I landed on some ground. "I-t hurts." I couldn't see anything, my eyes were filled with tears, while I was shivering. "Help her!" Someone shouted. It was too noisy.
"Ahh! Burn-s! I-t burns!" I sobbed. "Ren. Listen. It's me Katara. It's gonna be fine." I heard Katara's voice. Then suddenly something cold touched my back. It felt so good that I began to relax.

"Ren."
This voice. I know this voice. "Ren, my little bird. Wake up."
I opened my eyes. "Where am I?" I asked to myself, as I looked around the forest. It was beautiful here not like a normal forest. It seemed like paradise. "Am I dead?"
"No, silly." I heard another voice laughing. Then suddenly he appeared. My dad. "Da-" I stopped. My eyes got wider, as I saw someone next to him. "This isn't a joke? Are you sure that I'm still alive?" I asked him again. "Don't worry. You're still alive in the other world. You have suffered from high pain, that's why you passed out." They both were now in front of me. "This means I'm in the spirit world right now?"
She nodded and began to caress my cheek. "Look at you. You're such a beautiful woman now."she smiled. "Mom..." tears appeared in my eyes. "It was such a long time." She said and hugged me. " I miss you... mom.." I sobbed in her shirt. " I miss you too, my birdie."
My father joined our hug. "Does that mean, I can always come to the spirit world?"
The smile on my fathers face disappeared slowly. "You still don't know how to shift between the two worlds. It was a coincidence that you're here now. Shifting is not something that's easy. You also can't shift every time, that's why I can't always come to see you." He explained. "Then, I can't shift for a while now? Even if I know how to?"
He nodded. "If you shift too much your body could get damaged or even destroyed because it can't keep your spirit and body together anymore. That means while you're here, you're adapting to this world and the consequences is that your body would die in the other world. So you have to go back and recover your body and free yourself from this world. After that you can shift again."
I sighed. " why does it have to be so complicated?"
"Now, your time is almost up. You have to go back."
He's right. I could feel how my spirit was adapting to this world. "That's unfair."
My mother smiled at me and hugged me again. "We'll see each other soon, I'm sure of it. And then you have to tell me about that boy." She whispered in my ear. My checks felt like they were burning. "How do you?" I asked, but she just winked at me.

"Don't try to stop us !"
Hm? I tried to open my eyes, but I was so tired. " I wasn't planning to. This is a journey you need to take. You need to face this man... but when you do please don't choose revenge." I heard Aang.
Where am I? When did I come into this tent? "Ugh." I groaned in pain, as I sat up. "Okay, we'll be sure to do that guru goody goody."
I could hear that idiot named Zuko.
What was happening outside?
Everything went black for little. I couldn't sit straight. Ugh. I feel dizzy.
" He-lp Me." My voice sounded raspy. How long was I asleep? "Ca-n some- ugh."
"Boys!" I heard Toph outside. "Ren woke up!"
Ah, I love this girl. She's the best. They all came into my tent now. "Ren, are you okay? How do you feel?" Aang asked immediately. " dizzy, thirsty, hungry and in pain."
"I'll bring you something to eat and to drink." Sokka said and left. "You should rest more."
I laid back. "What happened?"
"Azula hit on your back and left arm side with a fire ball. You slept a full day."
I nodded.
"And what were you talking about now? With Katara?"
"She left with Zuko to find the man who killed her mother." He sighed.
I thought they didn't like each other? Especially Katara.

~

It's been two days. I felt better thanks to the boys but my arm was too burned. That's why I couldn't let my left wing out. Honestly.. I was scared.. really scared that I might never let it out again.
I might never fly again... A sigh left my mouth, as I watched the birds flying around.
"Hey... are you okay?"
I turned around surprised.
"Zuko. You're back."
"I'm sorry..."
"Why are you apologizing?" I asked confused. "It's my fault that you're injured and to be honest.. I didn't want to see you..I mean I was too scared to see you that's why I left.."
He's really a weirdo. "But it wasn't your fault." I smiled and took his hand, on which he was looking down. "You aren't angry?"
"No!"
A smile appeared on his face, while he caressed my hand.
"But I was a little bit confused that you left with Katara. I thought you guys were on bad terms."
"I think we're good now."
"Really?"
He nodded. "What about your wing?" He asked worried. "It's injured..I can't open it."
Suddenly he hugged me. "I thought for a moment that you would die..." He mumbled. "I-t's o-Kay.." I stuttered. My heart was beating too fast. I was scared that he could hear it. "The others are waiting.. we should go."
"Where?" I asked confused. "To Ember Island. Katara is waiting there."

~

"but I'm ready to forgive you."
Katara hugged Zuko. This is an intense hug. Isn't it too much? "They look like a couple." Suki whispered. " they don't." I said angrily. Sokka and Suki looked at me confused. "I- I mean Zuko already has Mai." I tried to play it off. But it really bothered me that they were so closed now.. what happened in those two days?
"Ren, do you want me to show you around?" Zuko asked me with a smile. "I want to rest." I responded. "O-Oh, yeah of course. Then I'll show you your room."
I nodded and followed him. We arrived to a big room. "Is this room all for me?"
"This is my old room..."
"Then why am I sleeping here? You should sleep here."
"No, I want you to sleep here. I want someone I trust the most to sleep here." He scratched his neck and blushed. "Then maybe Katara should have this room." I mumbled.
"What?" He asked confused. " Nothing." I sighed. "Then I'll rest now." I sat on the bed. "Okay...if you need something then call me."
I nodded.

————————-
[!! English is not my first language so there will be some mistakes]

Hope you liked it!