Chapter Nineteen

I don't like him

"Noren!" I heard someone calling. Noren and I, who were outside, looked at the person. It was a boy, maybe the same age as me. "Jiro!" Noren smiled, as the boy arrived to us. "Ren is still sleeping, but she should wake up any moment." He told Jiro, who smiled. "Just like always." Jiro laughed. I looked at Noren curiously. "oh, Jiro. You don't know each other. Let me introduce you. Jiro, this is Fire Lord Zuko. Fire lord , this is Jiro."
Jiro's eyes widen and he suddenly bowed. "Greetings your highness! I'm apologizing for my rudeness!"
"Jiro? What are you doing?" Asked Ren confused, while she came outside. I smiled, as I saw her sleepy face. She looked cute. "you can stop bowing." I ordered Jiro. "As you wish, your highness!"
"It's okay, Jiro. Don't be so stiff!" Ren complained and punched him lightly on the shoulder. "How can you be so calm? The Fire Lord is right in front of us." He whispered to her, but everyone could hear him. I rolled my eyes. "He's a good friend of mine. And I'm also his assistant now." She explained. "Wait... assistant?" He looked at her confused. "Yeah, that means I'm going away again."
"But you just came back!" He complained. Ren looked at me and then back to Jiro. "Let us talk inside, I'm going to tell you everything." She reached her hand out at him. He accepted it and followed her back in. I looked at them confused. What was that? Why did she gave him her hand?! And talk inside?! Why does she have to explain to him the reason she's going?!
"Jiro and Ren are friends since they were babies." Noren started. " They did everything together, most of the time it was Ren who was doing something and Jiro who just followed her." He continued laughing. "She never mentioned him." I grinned my teeth.  "I think she didn't even mentioned us!" Noren began to laugh. "No she told me that she was living with her aunt. And how come they didn't travelled together back then if they were so inseparable?"
"Ren wanted to travel on her own. Poor Jiro, he just could spent one year with her  after three years and now she will go again." Noren sighed. "Are they together?" I asked straightforward. "Hmm? I'm not sure..Ren would never talk about her relationships or even her crushes. But what I'm sure of is that Jiro has sincerely feelings for her."
Sincerely feeling, ha? Sincerely feelings?! Ren would never date a guy like him! He's not her type! Or is he?
Wait is he the guy she told me and Sokka about back then when we were flying to the boiling stone? It match her story. A guy who willingly let her go and waited for her all this time to come back...
Finally they came back outside. "I talked with him and it's clarified we cou- Zuko? Everything alright?" She stopped and asked confused. "Yeah, everything is fine." I grinned my teeth again. "o-okay... What I was trying to say was that we clarified everything and because I will stay at the same location now and won't travel around the world like last time, Jiro and I decided that he will visit me."
"Will he?" I asked with a forced smile. "Of course!" He answered. "But don't forget that you will have a lot to do and barely have time for guests." I reminded Ren. "I think that I can arrange some free time for Jiro." She smiled. Oh, we will see that. "Should we go then?" I turned to my mother. "I have packed everything." She answered. "I will miss you." Jiro said and hugged Ren. For my opinion it was too touchy. "I'll miss you too."
"It was an honor to meet you, Fire Lord. I hope you will look god after Ren." He bowed again. " I'm sure I will."

~

We were on a ship, who drove us back to the palace. Kiyi still didn't approach our mother and just ignored her. I tried to comfort my mother and told her she will get used to it and that she's just in shock. And now I was alone on the deck and watched the moon.
"Your mom told me that you were searching for me?" I heard Ren behind me. "Ah, yes. I didn't see you and was curious where you might be."
"I said goodbye too Aang and the others. I flew with them a little bit." She explained and came to my side.
"I see."
"What's wrong? You seem to be in deep thoughts. " She asked confused. "Am I?"
She turned me to face her. "Yes, you are. What's bothering you?"
"This guy.. Jiro.. can we trust him?"
I didn't want to tell her that I didn't want him to see her ever again. I hate that guy!
Ren's eyes became wider. "Of course we can! I know him since we're kids! He's trustworthy."
"If you say so..is that the guy you talked about? When we were flying to the boiling stone you talked about your boyfriend who was waiting for you."
Suddenly her eyes widened. " W-what? You still remember that?"
I nodded, while I bite my lip. "Eh.. yeah..the boyfriend who was waiting for me, that's right." She began nervously as she kept playing with her hands. "It was a lie."
"What?" I asked confused. " the boyfriend story. There was no boyfriend. I mean yeah I was talking about Jiro back then but he was never my boyfriend."
A smile appeared on my face. "But why did you lie?"
"Cause you two talked about your girlfriends and I didn't want to look like a loser." She sighed. " That means you never had a boyfriend?"
"No but tell me why should we not trust him in the first place?" She asked confused.
"There are a lot of people who wants to assassinate me, Ren. And I don't know him." I explained. I mean it's kind of true.
"Mhm." She just said. "What?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.
"Nothing."
"Tell me." I sighed. "Aang told me everything about what happened. And he also told me that you imaging things that's why you can't sleep at nights."
"He-what?!" I shouted angry. Ren tried to calm me down. "So he said that I am paranoid?!"
"Zuko, calm down! You're going to wake up the others!"
"How can I calm down?!" I shouted while letting fire out of my hands. "I'm sorry. But I can't handle your aggressions now." She sighed. "What-"
I couldn't speak, because I was kind of paralyzed. As I looked at Ren, I saw how her eyes were full white and how her wings tattoo were glowing. "Now it's time for sleep isn't it?" She asked. My legs began to walk on their own like I was possessed. What in the Fire Nation was going on?!
I walked to my room followed by her and put myself in my bed. "I'm going to release you know, okay? Don't be mad." She said, as she sat on my bed beside me. Suddenly I felt relieved. "What was that?!" I immediately asked and sat straight up. "I learned a new trick." She smirked.
"That was terrifying!"
She began to laugh. "Oh, that was funny for you?"
"You should have seen your face."
"Oh really?" I asked, before I tackled her down by tickling. "Haha-st-stop!"
"What did you say I couldn't hear you." I smirked still tickling her. She grab me by the collar and pulled me down, so our faces were really near. My heart began to pound and I stopped tickling her. As she was breathing heavily, the only thing I could look at was her lips. And before I realized I put my lips on hers.

————————-
[!! English is not my first language so there will be some mistakes]

Hope you liked it!