Chapter 1: The Runaway

"OPEN THIS DOOR!!!" I heard my mother yell furiously, as if she was the devil "LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER!!!"

I shrieked in fear, but didn't obliged to her words. It was too late to turn back.

I looked at Kirigaya, who was sleeping profusely in my bed despite all the noise. I silently but quickly packed as much stuff as I could.
Her constant pounding against the door made me panick second by second.
As soon as I finished packing, I slung the bag over my shoulders and carried Kirigaya on my arms.

"HANAYO!! YOU DARE DISOBEY YOUR MOTHER?!? AFTER ALL I'VE DONE FOR YOU!!!" She started scratching and punching the door.

I ran to my window and climbed out, sliding down my roof and falling on the dirty ground over my legs. The pain made me whimper, but the adrenaline helped me cope with it.

Kirigaya rubbed his eyes and woke up.
"...Hayo?"

"Go back to sleep, Kirigaya." I said. Kirigaya hummed, dozing off again.

I wasted no time running to the way out of this madhouse, which luckily wasn't far away.
I felt light, despite carrying a huge bag and my adoptive kid.
The cold wind embraced me, as if it was congratulating me for finally having enough courage to get out of there.

When I reached the entrance, I saw the city lights, motivating me to run faster. But before I could leave my once home, I heard Mother yell desperately, like if she was crying.

"(Y/N)!!!" She said between cries, falling to the ground. She was at least 10 meters away from me "YOU STEP OUTSIDE THIS HOUSE AND YOU WILL NO LONGER BE A HANAYO, YOU HEAR ME?!?"

I looked at her, and she did the same.
Mother was probably thinking that her "righteous" daughter would choose to stay with her, after all.

But that daughter is now long gone.

I ran to the outside world, hearing Mother's pained wails behind me.
Many people recognized me and tried to stop me, but I dodged them.

"Where are we going?" Kirigaya asked.

I looked at him, panting.
"Somewhere away from here."

I finally reached the train station. The man selling tickets looked at me with surprise.

"Hanayo-dono!!" He exclaimed.

"That name is long dead for me;" I said firmly, trying to catch my breath "give me two train tickets to Nagoya, please."

"There are no trains going to Nagoya at the moment, sorry." He apologized.

"Excuse me, have you seen a (h/c)-haired girl around?" I heard someone ask from afar.

"Which other destinations do you have!?" I asked desperately.

"W-we have for Okutama--"

"Okutama, then!!" I slipped him some money and he immediately gave me two tickets. I grabbed them rapidly, bowed, and ran to the stated train number "thank you very much!"

"T-take care!" He said.

"Please don't tell anyone where I went!!" I pleaded, waving at him from inside the train. He nodded, unsure.
I gently placed a sleeping Kirigaya on the seat in front of me.

I sighed tiredly, looking out the window.

Yes.
Many things have happened to me. Not only today, but since as long as I can remember.